Product information: GeForce GTX 970 Xtreme Gaming 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics CardVirtual Reality is upon us with the likes of Oculus Rift already available and HTC Vive coming very soon. Valve have released a SteamVR benchmark which will test your system for VR Readiness, we advice customers to run this benchmark as the minimum specification to be VR Ready is a GTX 970 from camp NVIDIA. VR is a game changer for games such as Elite Dangerous, Portal 3, Flight simulator, Project cars and who knows the elusive Half Life 3 may make an appearance from Valve as being VR optimised, lets keep our fingers crossed.
The WindForce 3X cooling system features five 8mm and one 6mm composite copper heat-pipes, special fin architecture, unique blade fan design, and Gigabyte "triangle cool" technology, together delivering an effective heat dissipation capacity up to 700W for higher performance at lower temperatures.
The XTREME Gaming graphics cards are equipped with 3D-active fan, the industry's first 0Db semi-passive fan design introduced by Gigabyte back in 2007. The fans will remain off when the GPU is under a set loading or temperature for low power gaming. The LED fan indicator on the top of the graphics card provides an instant display of the fan status.
With a multi-colour illuminated LED with extra colour options and numerous lighting effects, you can now choose the right scheme for your gaming rig through OC Guru utility software.
Get VR Ready with GeForce® GTX.
GeForce® GTX graphics cards provide a powerful next-generation platform for the ultimate immersive virtual reality experience. Immersive VR requires seven times the graphics processing power of traditional 3D apps and games. NVIDIA's unique set of features-such as multi-res shading-mean you get the right level of performance, image quality, and latency to ensure your VR experience is nothing short of amazing.
- WINDFORCE 3X 700W cooling system
- Powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU
- Integrated with industry's best 4GB GDDR5 memory and 256-bit memory interface
- OC Edition - Core Clock: Base 1190MHz / Boost 1342MHz (Standard- Base:1051MHz Boost:1178MHz)
- Features Dual-link DVI-I / HDMI / DisplayPort*3
- System power supply requirement: 600W(with two 8-pin external power connector)
- Alternate Spinning Fan Design
- 3D active fan with LED indicators
- Unique blade fan design
- Multi-Colour illuminated LED
- GPU Gauntlet sorting
- Built for extreme overclockers with LN2 BIOS
- Stylish metal back plate
- LED Power indicators
- Aerospace-grade PCB coating for best protection
- 10+2 Power phase
- Titan X-grade chokes and capacitors used throughout entire Xtreme Gaming range of graphics cards
- VR Ready
- GeForce 970
- GPU: GeForce 970
- Core Base Clock: 1190MHz
- Core Boost Clock: 1342MHz
- Memory Clock: 7100MHz
- Memory Size: 4096MB GDDR5
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0
- Memory Bus: 256-bit
- CUDA Cores: 1664
- DirectX 12: Yes
- DVI Port: 1x Dual-Link DVI, 3x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- DisplayPort: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Power: 2x 8-Pin
- 600W PSU Required
- 250W TDP
- Warranty: 3yr