+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
HiFiBerry DAC+ – Phone Jack VersionImprove your sound! HiFiBerry DAC+ – is a high-resolution digital-to-analog converter for the Raspberry Pi Model A+/B+ and 2B. This is a special sound card for the Raspberry Pi, that is optimized for one specific use case: the best audio playback quality.
This is the phone jack version (there is also an RCA version) which will give you the smallest DAC that is available anywhere. The phone jack is mounted on the bottom of the board for minimal height. This version will fit into many existing Raspberry Pi cases. You just have to drill a hole into the case where the jack is located.
This is still a line-output and not designed to drive headphones. For the use with headphones you will need an additional headphone amplifier.
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality.
- Hardware volume control. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that - supports ALSA mixer controls.
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed.
- No soldering required – comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi B+, conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification. Mounted in less than a minute.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Model A+, B+ and 2B
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply.
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance.
Available with different output connectors:
RCA or 3.5mm phone jack.
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection). Note that this feature is still in development by the Raspberry Pi foundation. You will be able to upgrade your HiFiBerry DAC+ when it is officially available. The sound card already works without this feature.
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.
*Notice about the compatibility with Raspberry Pi Model A and B: This board is only compatible with the new Raspberry Pi Model A+, B+ and 2B. If you have an older Raspberry Pi, please use the HiFiBerry DAC.