+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
HiFiBerry Digi+ – Standard VersionThe HiFiBerry Digi+ is a high-quality S/PDIF output board for the Raspberry Pi model A+/B+ and the new Raspberry Pi 2B. It is designed as an add-on board that connects to the main GPIO header of the Raspberry Pi. It provides a bit-perfect output meaning that the audio data stream will not be modified in any way. It is in a HAT configuration and therefore with the onboard EEPROM is extremely easy to mount on the Raspberry Pi and can configure itself automatically.
This is the standard version which does not have and output transformer to provide full galvanic isolation between the Raspberry Pi and your DAC on the electrical output. The standard version is usually the best one for most purposes, however there is a transformer version available as well.
- Dedicated S/PDIF interface chip supports up to 192kHz/24bit resolution.
- Optical (Toslink) and electrical outputs.
- Bit-perfect output, audio data stream will not be modified in any way.
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed.
- No soldering. The Digi+ comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi B+. The board conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification. That means it perfectly fits your Raspberry Pi A+, B+ or 2B.
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply required.
- Optional: high-bandwidth output transformer provides full galvanic isolation of the electrical output (not in the standard version).
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection). Note that this feature is still in development by the Raspberry Pi foundation. You will be able to upgrade your HiFiBerry DAC+ when it is officially available. The sound card already works without this feature.
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.