Product information: ToughArmor 2.5” SAS/SATA Mobile Rack For 3.5” Device BayIntroducing the Icy Dock ToughArmor MB991IK-B 2.5" SAS / SATA Mobile Rack solution for use in 3.5" device bays (Floppy bay). The main purpose is to provide a small form factor device built specifically for systems in a small real estate to work with, specifically for 2.5 SAS hard drives or SSDs. Because of the high performance and reliability factor of SAS drives, it is crucial for the storage solution to be just as sturdy as the drive being used. By using heavy duty metal construction, it is capable to withstand the harshest enterprise type environments. The drive is fully secured by our proven technologies such as, the Eagle-Hook lock system and metal 2-segment safeguard key. Our full metal EZ Slide Mini Tray allows interchangeability of data between multiple systems with other compatible ToughArmor products. Suggested applications in Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved by Tier 1 companies.
Efficient Space Use
The MB991IK-B is perfect for use in industrial PCs, SMB SFF servers, mobile DVR systems, or even home servers. These systems tend to use components that provide the needed features, in the smallest form factor available. The ability to house one SAS / SATA SSD or HDD in a single 3.5” bay makes it a valuable asset in specific applications such as, integration into an industrial imaging or medical device.
Full Metal Protection
Making sure that the material used is designed in a way where it can be relied upon for many years after its deployment. The MB991IK-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments, with the heavy duty metal construction throughout the entire device. With the Full Metal design, the ToughArmor is perfect for industrial and medical devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to already comply with flammability requirements. So because of the high build quality and compatibility, it can be used various enterprise systems including: military and law enforcement deployment, as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems.
Convenient Utility & Accessibility
The front of the ToughArmor includes a status LED when the drive is powered on, off and accessed. Active Power Technology (APT) allows the status LED to be on only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. For drive security, the eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure your hard drives will not eject when not needed. Additionally, the 2 segment key lock provides extra protection to theft of hard drives as well as safeguards any sensitive data.
- Heavy duty full metal construction with suggested applications in Imaging, Medical, and Military systems,
Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
- Fits 1 x 7mm to 15mm 2.5” SAS / SATA drives/ SSD’s in a 3.5” floppy drive bay.
- Full Metal construction, perfect for rugged applications and complies with flammability requirements.
- Multi-Flow Technology - provides excellent passive cooling.
- Anti-Vibration Technology - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs.
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay.
- EMI Grounding – protects hard drives from electrical damage.
- Eagle-hook lock system & 2-segment safeguard key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure.
- Anti-Dust Flap prevents dust from entering when device not used.
- Removable EZ Slide Mini Tray system for easy maintenance.
- Supports SAS 2.0 / SATA 6Gbps and hot swap.
- Single SATA 15 Pin to power entire device.
- Item Number : MB991IK-B
- Internal Host : 7 pin SATA x 2
- Drive Fit : 2.5" SAS or SATA I / II / III HDD / SSD x 1
- Device Bay : 3.25" Bay x 1
- Transfer Rate : Up to 6 GB/sec
- Insert & Extract connection Via : 15 pin direct hard drive connection
- Structure : SECC
- Drive Cooling : Metal heat dispersion
- LED Indication : Device Power & Drive Activity
- LED Display Color : Green : Device Power ; Amber : Drive Activity
- Drive Security : 2 segment key lock
- Dimension (L x W x H) : 115.0*70.0*18.0mm
- Weight :408g