+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
ToughArmor 2.5” SATA HDD & SSD USB 3.0 External EnclosureThe ToughArmor series have proven themselves to be an excellent 2.5" mobile rack solution, and now we are proud to present the external version of the ToughArmor family, the MB991U3-1SB. The ToughArmor MB991U3-1SB is a full metal 2.5" SATA III to USB 3.0 external HDD/SSD enclosure that is built with enterprise-grade quality and has the ability to hot-swap drives. With the removable EZ-Slide Mini tray, users can quickly swap 2.5" SATA hard drives or SSDs without shutting down their system or devices, saving valuable time. The EZ-Slide Mini tray accepts most of the 2.5" SATA HDD / SSD on the market ranging from 5mm to 15mm drive height. The drive tray slot is designed to complement a variety ToughArmor drive trays, allowing users to easily access their hard drives or SSD used in internal ToughArmor units externally, anytime and anywhere. The USB 3.0 interface allows for blazing fast transfer speeds and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 interface to insure compatibility with many systems. The ToughArmor MB991U3-1SB combined with the benefits of portable enclosure and enterprise-class features. It is an ideal enclosure for enterprise storage application such as SMB data backup, data recovery, video production data archiving, data transportation and IT Pros.
- Full metal construction for durability and drive protection.
- Removable EZ-Slide Mini tray supports hot-swap function.
- Supports 2.5" SATA III hard drive / SSD with 5mm, 7mm, 9.5mm & 15mm height.
- USB 3.0 interface supports UASP
- Universal drive slot that is compatible with wide range of ToughArmor drive tray includes MB991,
MB992, MB994, MB996 and MB998 series.
- Eagle-hook lock system & 2-segment safeguard key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure.
- Multi-Flow Technology (MFT) - provides excellent passive cooling.
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSD
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in each bay.
- USB 3.0 with UASP support and backward compatible with USB 2.0 interface.
- USB bus-powered, no power adapter is required.
- Removable tray system for easy maintenance.
- Compatible with wireless router / DVR / Smart TV / Android TV box via USB interface.
- Anti-slip rubber protective sleeves enhances enclosure stability and reduces shock impacts.
- Limited 3 year warranty to complement the typical warranty of a hard drive.
Protect your Investment:
For external protections, the MB991U3-1SB is built with metal for high durability and it comes with protective rubber sleeves for a sturdy stand either horizontally or vertically on any flat surface. The protective rubber sleeves prevent sliding or wobbling, giving the unit the best stability possible. The sleeve also allows for easy yet stable stacking of multiple MB991U3-1SB.
Making sure that your drives are in secure hands and drive longevity is carefully considered for any enterprise build and design. The MB991U3-1SB is built with a heavy-duty metal construction and is capable of holding up hard drives in the harshest environments. The full metal body and air ventilation design allows efficient heat dissipation for the hard drives throughout the enclosure..
The metal material used allows for effective heat dissipation from the hard drive to the enclosure. Multi-Flow Technology (MFT) effectively routes air flow correctly for excellent passive cooling, via ventilation slots on the front, rear, top and bottom (in multiple locations). Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) and EMI Grounding are used to provide a stable environment for the hard drives or SSD's used to perform at its best.