+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Tray-less 3.5" HDD Mobile Rack Mount with Cooling Fan For 5.25 BayThe benefits of tray-less combined with stability
There are many benefits to having a tray-less design; it allows you to quickly swap the drives without the fuss of rewiring or installing trays onto your drives. Reliability and stability of tray-less mechanisms are always a concern as it’s necessary to add moving parts.
The TurboSwap MB171SP-B takes this into consideration and allows you to hot-swap drives within seconds, while maintaining outstanding drive stability and overall reliability.
The Ultra-Flex shock absorbing kit provides excellent drive support whether it’s a half-height drive or a full size drive; it stabilizes the drive and absorbs vibrations. For increased reliability, we’ve simplified and reengineered the ejection mechanism with all metal arms to create a strong product that’s built to last.
Setup is incredibly simple: just insert this unit into a single 5.25” bay, secure the unit in with screws, plug a 15pin power cable + 7 pin SATA cable, and you’re good to go.
Increase the lifespan of your drives
Both performance and drive life expectancy decrease when heat increases so it’s best to keep your drive cool. Our included ultra slim 80mm fan is mounted beneath the rack to allow sufficient cooling for all types of applications. Whether you’re running a server that’s constantly under heavy load or media system that’s running 24/7, you’ll be able to rest at ease knowing your drives aren’t overheating. We’ve also added fan control to allow user management, so controlling drive temperatures will be as easy as pressing a button. If you have a need to customize the units by adding an aftermarket 80mm or larger 120mm fan, go right on ahead --we’ve added the necessary screw hole spacing for this purpose. Individual power control allows you to turn off your HDD with the touch of a button which can help you preserve the life of your drives.
f your environment demands the toughest and most robust parts, then you’ll be more than satisfied with our MB171SP-B TurboSwap. There are other benefits to having all metal design, besides the obvious sturdiness. The unit acts as a giant heat sink to disperse heat from the drive to keep your drives cool. The TurboSwap is also perfect for industries that require a certain flammability rating since its all metal design abides to these requirements. It’s a great choice for military or medical servers.
With standard hot swappable drive racks, you run the risk of an unauthorized personnel being able to quickly swipe crucial data within the blink of an eye. Using our MB171SP-B TurboSwap allows you to lock your drive in place to prevent theft or tampering to your drives. We’re one of the few companies that integrate barrel locks and keys in our devices which further increase security. This barrel locking mechanism along with the all metal tough design allows you to add an extra layer to your data protection –which is required for most businesses.
- Tray less hot swappable drive cage
- Fits full sized and half height 3.5” SATA drives into a single 5.25” bay
- Supports up to 6Gb transfer speeds (depending on host configuration)
- Heavy Duty all metal construction
- Locking mechanism to protect your data
- Ultra slim 80mm fan to keep your drives cool
- Front panel fan speed control with drive power button
- Optional spacing available for aftermarket 120mm fans
- 2 pin and 3 pin fan connections available
- Shock absorbing anti vibration features
- Model Number : MB171SP-B
- Colour : Black
- Host Interface : 7pin SATA connection
- Drive Fit : 3.5" SATA 1.5 / 3 / 6 Gbit/s hard drive
- Drive Bay : 5.25" half height device bay
- Transfer Rate : Up to 6 Gb/sec. (depending on hard drive speed)
- Power Input : 15pin SATA power connection
- Structure : Full Metal
- Drive Cooling : 80 x 80 x10mm cooling fan & metal heat dissipation
- LED Indication : Power (solid blue) / HDD access (Flashing blue)
- Package Contents : Device, user manual, 8 screws & 2 keys
- Dimension (L x W x H) : 145.8 x 41.25 x173mm
- Weight : 458.8g