Product information: IcyBox External enclosure for M.2 SATA and mSATA SSD to USB 3.1 host (IB-187)A small box for two SSDs
IB-187 is a true power pack! In this small enclosure not only M.2 SATA and mSATA find room, but they are recognized by the computer as two independently working drives! Both SSDs are securely protected inside the case and can thus be transported without danger. A limitation of capacity of the SSDs is not existent.
Everything fits perfectly into each other. Bottom and cover of the case are screwed together by four screws. Everything is manufactured precisely and the micro USB-B connector doesn't wiggle either.
Shimmering like a kingfisher
The blue shimmering brushed aluminum gives a noticeable appearance. The light metal dissipates the heat of operation perfectly well. Thanks to the roughened surface which looks like sandblasted, the case won't slip out of hand.
Particularly high data throughput
If two SSDs are used at the same time, the host PC recognizes them as two separate drives (JBOD) and they can work in single mode. The connecting cable is a USB 3.1 cable. Due to the USB 3.1 protocol a data transfer rate of up to 10 Gbit/s are attained. Size options for M.2 SATA SSDs with B-Key or B+M-Key are 22x30/42/60/80 mm and for mSATA SSDs are 30x30/50 mm.
- Model: IB-187
- Category: External enclosures
- Material: Aluminium
- Colour: Blue
- HDD size (Zoll): 2.5"
- HDD size (cm): M.2 SSD Format 22x30/42/60/80 mm mSATA SSD Format 30x30/50 mm
- HDD interface: M.2 SATA and mSATA SSD
- HDD capacity: Unlimited
- External data interface: 1x USB 3.1, Type-A
- Transfer rate: USB 3.1 Gen 2, up to 10 Gbit/s (external), SATA III up to 6 Gbit/s (internal)
- Operating system: Windows, Linux, Mac compatible
- Power connector: USB powered