+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 2.40GHz Guaranteed to run at 3.30GHZ (1466FSB) - RetailOcUK is now guaranteeing that when you purchase one of these Q6600 processors it will run at 3.30GHz or faster prime stable on the basis you also purchase an uprated CPU cooler and have a capable mainboard and memory such as the Abit IP35 Pro and Crucial Ballistic PC2-8500 1066MHz Memory. In order to achieve this you are required to enter your motherboards BIOS and make the following changes in the CPU section of the BIOS:-
1. CPU Setup - User Defined
2. Multiplier - Default
3. Front Side Bus (FSB) - 367MHz (1466MHz FSB)
4. CPU Core voltage - You might need to take this upto 1.50v maximum but generally 1.45v is fine dependent on the motherboard.
5. We advice you purchase an uprated CPU Cooler such as the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro to better cool the CPU and enable you to reach this overclock stable along with some Arctic Silver 5 compound.
If your struggle to get 3.30GHz stable from the CPU do make sure your memory is set to run at its rated speed and voltage. Secondly make sure you have fitted the heatsink correctly and removed any protective films from the heatsink base. OcUK always recommends the use of Arctic Silver for thermal conductivity from the CPU to the heatsink base for optimal heat transfer. With the stock Intel heatsink fitted correctly and using 1.45v or less your CPU load temps should not exceed 65c in a typical 25c ambient temperature room and in a well ventilated case. OcUK does strongly recommend the use of an uprated cooler such as Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro or Tuniq Tower 120. If you require a more in depth overclocking guide then look to purchase the OcUK overclocking guide from this website. Also feel free to call our technical line for any further assistance in achieving your overclock.
With four cores and high scores, the Intel® Core™2 Professional processor Q6600 is flat out the most extreme desktop processor. It’s specifically built for hardcore enthusiasts who don’t take kindly to compromise. Based on the Core™ Microarchitecture, the Intel® Core™2 Professional Q6600 is the ultimate multimedia engine and multitasking king. The performance? It eats benchmarks for breakfast. This energy efficient version consumes 10W less power than the traditional Q6600 which means it produces less heat and is better suited for overclocking purposes.
- Quad Core Technology
- SLACR Stepping, 95W
- Energy Efficient Edition (Consumes 10W less power, less heat, better overclocking)
- 2.40GHz stock clock speed but OcUK guarantee's these chips to hit at least 3.30GHz Prime stable
- 8MB L2 Cache
- Intel Speedstep Technology
- EM64T 64-Bit Technology
- Execute Disable Bit
- Cooler running technology, less heat and less noise!
- Supplied with Intel referance heatsink & fan (OcUK strongly recommends an uprated cooler such as the Freezer 7 Pro in order to hit this overclock stable)