"Core i7-2600 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail"Intel's new Sandybridge based CPU's is a complete new refresh that requires new socket LGA1155 mainboards. This new platform uses less power and has vastly superior integrated graphics. The HD2000 graphics is capable of all multimedia task featuring DirectX 10.1 runtime making them ideal for gamers too. The K series edition processors are unlocked on the multiplier allowing overclocking and also feature HD3000 onboard graphics which feature twice the horsepower of the HD2000 making them ideal for gamers and have support for 3D Gaming. The new Sandybridge K series processors also feature immense overclocking as well.
- Lithography Process: 32 nm
- Cores: 4
- Threads: 8
- Frequency: 3.40 GHz (Turbo Mode 3.80GHz)
- Integrated HD 2000 (6 EUs) Graphics
- Integrated Graphics Frequency: 850MHz (1350MHz Turbo)
- Cache: 8 MB shared L3
- Memory Controller: Dual channel DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600 MHz
- TDP: 95W
- Socket: LGA1155
- Compatible with Socket 1156 heatsinks
- 3yr Warranty
- Do not exceed 1.35-1.38v core voltage, doing so could limit lifespan of the CPU
- Do not overclock with BCLK, again doing so could limit lifespan of the CPU
- Recommended memory voltage is 1.50v, so make sure to run your memory at 1.50v, higher could limit lifespan of the CPU
- These recommendations come from OcUK and Intel, your warranty is un-affected but we highly recommend you adhere to the above to make sure your CPU lifespan is un-affected
- All Sandybridge CPU's worldwide should be run at the above or lower voltages, no higher!
More links for "Core i7-2600 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail"
Intel are at the forefront of computing technology, expanding its knowledge and pushing for breakthroughs every day. Intel are industry leaders in many technology sectors but they are most well known for their Core, Xeon, and Atom processors for desktops, servers and laptops respectively. If you take a look inside any high-end system, chances are that it's using an Intel processor.