+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz (Skylake X / Basin Falls) Socket LGA2066 Processor - RetailSay hello to the latest, greatest and most powerful and highly clocked processors from Intel yet - The Kabylake & Skylake X series. The i5 7640 and i7 7740 are new higher clocked versions of the 7600 and 7700 designed for the new platform. Offering a considerable boost in clock speeds and truly amazing overclock performance with around 5.50GHz possible on air, even more impressive is the dual channel DDR4 frequencies these processors can achieve with so far nearly 6000MHz being hit by professionals and for regular consumers already 4266MHz kits are available on the shelf with 4600MHz kits due soon from 8 Pack, TeamGroup, G.Skill and Corsair.
Then we have the true monster processors, the 7800X, 7820X and 7900X. These processors are true monsters featuring 6/12, 8/16 and 10/20 cores/threads respectively. As such the new 10/20 core beast falls under a new flagship from Intel known as i9 Extreme and though perfectly suited to hardcore gamers and overclockers alike, it is also very much a professional CPU for the most demanding workstations. The 7800X offers some of the best value for money ever seen from Intel, as for a little extra over i7-7740 you get two more cores and 4 extra threads, 4/8 vs 6/12 and of course the addition of quad channel memory support giving you a big leap in memory bandwidth. The overclocking potential on this processor is also huge making it the Overclockers choice of CPU. For those who demand more core processing power the 7820X has 8/16 threads and still has fantastic overclock ability and features same quad channel memory.
The i9-7900X is the all out monster with 10/20 cores/threads this CPU will never crumble, though it also overclocks great the heat output is high, so we only recommend our best AIO and water cooling solutions for those who wish to overclock this processor. Again fully supporting quad channel memory interface for incredible memory bandwidth support especially when running around 4000MHz frequency.
So those who demand maximum frequency from both processor and memory the i7-7740 should be your CPU of choice. Those who want more processing power and additional memory bandwidth then the 7800X and upwards should be your processor of choice.
Become the envy of your friends and grab yourself that much anticipated hardware upgrade and go Kabylake X and enjoy some good old school overclocking again and be sure to share your overclocking results on the busy Overclockers UK forum, where legends are born.
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel® Virtualization Technology
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
- Processor Number: i7-7820X
- Socket: 2066
- LithographY: 14 nm
- Cores: 8
- Threads: 16
- Base Frequency: 3.60 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 4.30GHz
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency: 4.50 GHz
- Cache: 11MB
- Bus Speed: 8 GT/s DMI3
- PCI-E 3.0 Lanes: 28
- TDP: 140W
- Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type): 128 GB
- Memory Types: DDR4 2666-4133 Quad Channel
- Max # of Memory Channels:4
- Memory Types: DDR4-2666
- Max # of Memory Channels:4
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported: Yes
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology: 2.0
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x): Yes
- Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d): Yes
- Instruction Set: 64-bit
- Instruction Set Extensions: SSE4.1/4.2, AVX 2.0, AVX-512
- Retail Box: Yes