+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
BX8 D2 Active Studio MonitorsThe M-Audio® BX studio monitor series is trusted by more musicians and recording professionals than any other. Now, the BX8 D2 monitors extend this legacy with an elegant new design inside and out. M-Audio have leveraged technology from their high-end monitors to extend the frequency response and provide an even more natural listening experience. Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum while the latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound. With the BX8 D2, you’ll enjoy the utmost accuracy in an engaging listening experience.
M-Audio BX8 D2 Features
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of distributed power for cohesive, accurate sound
- 8 inch low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1-1/4 inch high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4 inch balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control
- Includes two isolation pads
Accurate and enjoyable
Whether you’re recording, mixing or mastering, your monitors are your primary reference source. Accurate monitors let you hear exactly what’s happening in your mixes and give you the assurance that your music will translate well to other listening environments. The M-Audio BX8 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition—allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue.
Designed for pros—and beginners
Countless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day. The BX8 D2’s make that same design philosophy and technology available to anyone with a passion for great sound. BX8 D2 helps you understand what’s in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems, from MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiophile rigs.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
The high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the audible ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. It also features a built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging.
Kevlar low-frequency drivers
To insure a lifetime of service, the BX8 D2 monitor’s 8 inch low-frequency driver is constructed from woven Kevlar. Kevlar’s high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. M-Audio's engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass and insure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. The high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance hour after hour.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The BX8 D2 cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance, right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. The custom rear port is designed to minimise air turbulence and resulting distortion while adding additional low frequency extension.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate power amps to the high and low frequencies—providing ample headroom for even the loudest and most dynamic of mixes. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver only delivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently, resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Find the sweet spot quickly and easily
When monitoring, it’s important to sit in the middle position or 'sweet spot' between the two speakers where the stereo image is optimised. BX8 D2 features a pinhole power LED that makes finding the sweet spot easy. You’ll know you’re in the right listening position when the BX8 D2 LEDs appear to be brightest.
M-Audio BX8 D2 Specifications
- Frequency response: 38Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 70 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 60 watts
- Amplifier power combined: 130 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size: 30.48 x 25.4 x 38.1 cm / 12 x 10 x 15 inch
- Weight: 11.97 Kg / 26.4 lbs each