Product information: GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
These cards are specifically designed to handle the extreme overclocking which eager gamers and media outlets around the world have been waiting for. Industry-leading Power4 architecture and Twin Frozr III dual-fan cooling with innovative Propeller Blade technology brings together a solid power supply with advanced cooling technology. This results in huge boosts to overclocking potential and stability, enabling the air-cooled N580GTX Lightning to break the 1GHz core clock barrier with ease. The Lightning series of graphic cards is designed to offer the ultimate in overclocking capabilities and is the superior choice for overclocking enthusiasts seeking to set new world records!
Industry-leading Power4 Architecture for Overclocking Reliability
Inheriting the impressive Power4 architecture from previous Lightning cards along with improved components and design in four areas. The PWM module is twice as large as before and provides double the amount of current to the GPU. Memory has its own independent power supply using an 8-pin connector for minimum interference to greatly increase overclocking potential. The next-generation Proadlizer capacitor increases signal stability by leaps and bounds while CopperMOS, the industry's best MOSFET, provides the GPU with a large and stable power supply. Combined, these features provide ordinary users as well as extreme overclocking enthusiasts with a more stable operating environment and the best performance out there.
Twin Frozr III and Propeller Blade Technology Takes Cooling to the Next Level
The all new Twin Frozr III cooling design utilizes the innovative Propeller Blade technology to double the amount of airflow compared to conventional fans. The airflow also covers a large surface to remove heat quickly and effectively, and when you add in twin 9cm PWM fans, SuperPipe technology, and the Form-in-one heatsink, the result is GPU operating temperatures 21°C lower than the reference board when the N580GTX Lightning are operating under full loads. Fan noise is also 5dB lower in addition to having much higher overclocking potential.
Overclocking Potential Unleashed with GPU/Memory/PLL Triple Overvoltage
The MSI N580GTX Lightning graphic cards come with the latest version of MSI's exclusive Afterburner V2.1.0 overclocking utility. The utility not only adjusts GPU and memory clock but also manage the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltages to maximize overclocking potential. Thanks to Triple Overvoltage, the overclocking potential of N580GTX Lightning is 30% higher than the reference board and offers enthusiasts ultimate performance.
King of Extreme Overclocking
For hardware enthusiasts, the MSI N580GTX Lightning graphic cards come with exclusive extreme overclocking features. Apart from V-Check Points and V-Switch for monitoring and adjusting the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltages in real time, Dual Bios and XtremeCool switches help to effectively prevent potential problems stemming from liquid nitrogen cooling. PWM Clock Tuner also helps to increase overclocking potential. All of these come together to make the N580GTX Lightning the ultimate graphic cards for extreme overclocking
Carefully Selected Materials
The MSI N580GTX Lightning graphic cards use top-quality Military Class II components including All Solid Cap for overclocking and full-speed operation, SFC for 10% higher efficiency, and 30% increase in maximum current, as well as Hi-c Cap with Tantalum core which boasts 8 times the lifetime of conventional solid capacitors. These high-quality components not only increase the graphic cards' overall service life but also enhance GPU stability.
CUDA Cores - 512 Units
Core Clock - 832 MHz
Shader Clock - 1664 MHz
Memory Clock - 4200 MHz
Memory Size - 3072MB GDDR5
Memory Bus - 384 bits
Output - DisplayPort / HDMI / DVI x 2
TDP - 260 W
Card Dimension - 305x127x45mm
DirectX 11 - Y
CUDA - Y
SLI - Y, 3-Way
PhysX - Y
PureVideo HD - Y
HDCP - Y
- World’s first 16 phase PWM on GTX 580.
- Independent, dedicated Memory power support.
- Copper MOS with 2x high current capacity.
- Proadlizer x 4 to optimized power supply.
- Twin Frozr III Thermal Design with 21C cooler & 5.5 dB quieter.
- Propeller Blade technology for 20% more airflow.
- Dust Removal Technology - Fans spin in the opposite direction for 30 seconds when powered up to remove dust build up
- Smart Temperature Sensor - Fans turn white to warn of high operating temperatures
- Dual 9cm fans with dual 8mm SuperPipes for best heat dissipation.
- Form-in-one heatsink covers memory and modules to dissipate heat efficiency.
- World’s first GTX 580 graphics card supporting voltage adjustment of GPU/Memory/PLL.
- Military Class II Components for longer product lifespan.
- LPL (Lightning Power Layer) for the stable power supply.
- Usage of the Micro/DIP switches on rear of card voids warranty - For extreme/expert overclockers ONLY!
- Supplied FREE with Batman: Arkham City FULL PC game (subject to availability. Game is launched on 21/10/2011 downloads previous to this date will be declined)
- Now with Three Year Warranty