Product information: ReadyNAS 12TB RN10400 4-Bay NAS with 4 x 3TB Seagate NAS Drives Bundle
Your data is both personal and precious, from finances to photos. Make sure it is protected and accessible with ReadyNAS for your home network. Store your data and media content in your own private cloud. Access and share everything easily from any device in your home or remotely from anywhere. Then smile, knowing you don’t have to worry anymore about your important files and entertainment.
Smart Homes Need Smart Storage
Data is flowing throughout your connected home in the form of photos, music, finances, videos and more. Ensure that your data is protected, organized and accessible. ReadyNAS 100 Series delivers that protection easily and affordably.
- Backup important financial and personal data
- Keep your photos and videos archived safely and easily accessible by any device in your home, or remotely from outside your home
- Make sure your music is safe and sound
Sleek, Simple Interface
The tools you need are right where you expect them, making it easy to manage and access your critical data.
ReadyDLNA Media Streaming
Stream your movies, music and photos to DLNA-enabled smart TV’s and game consoles.
Remote Backup for Time Machine®
ReadyNAS is fully compatible with the Apple Time Machine for remote or local file backup and recovery from Mac computers.
Media Server (Music / Video / Photos)
Stream movies, music and photos throughout your home and to mobile devices when you are on-the-go.
Expands for Your Growing Data
ReadyNAS is available in two capacities (102/104) and is expandable with a library of software add-ons.
Real-time anti-virus is included with every ReadyNAS to keep your data safe from outside threats.
Never before has it been so easy to access your files from any device, at any time, no matter where you are.
Continuous Data Protection
With unlimited automatic snapshots, ReadyNAS users rest easy knowing they can restore any previous version of a file.
Tool-less Drive Installation
Add capacity to your ReadyNAS device with no tiny screws or special tools required.
Ideal for small business servers or home video and central storage, the Seagate® NAS HDDs are built and tested to provide industry-leading performance for small 1- to 5-bay NAS systems. Expect always-on, 24×7 reliability and the NASWorks™ technology features that simplify your installation, customise error recovery controls, and fine-tune power management and vibration tolerance.
Why choose the Seagate NAS HDD?
- Performance. Built and tested to provide industry-leading performance for 24×7 NAS applications
- Capacity: 3TB
- NASWorks: Simplifies drive installation and improves reliability
- Reliability: Always-on, 24×7--1M hours MTBF
- Seagate NAS HDDs are built and tested to provide industry-leading performance for small NAS systems
- NASWorks technology supports customized error recovery controls, power management and vibration tolerance for optimal performance and reliability in a 1- to 5-bay solution
- NAS error recovery controls optimize drive health by helping to ensure drives are not dropped from the NAS and sent into a RAID rebuild
- Improved vibration tolerance and emission in multi-drive systems with dual-plane balance
- Advanced power management supports multiple power profiles for low-power, 24 x 7 performance
- Industry-leading performance with NASWorks balances sequential and random performance, ideal for both small business and personal profiles
- Quiet drive operation enhances customer experience in living room or office environments
- 4 TB drives offer the highest capacity in purpose-built NAS storage
- Home servers or desktop NAS solutions
- Small-business file sharing
- Backup servers
Evaluating HDDs for NAS Applications
When choosing the right drive for any application, there are many factors to take into consideration, including what the drive will be used for, what applications it will run, what requirements the environment will place on the drive, and what levels of capacity, performance, reliability or speed will be needed. With more data streaming into homes and small businesses than ever, there is greater demand for simple, centralised NAS storage arrays, but the demands on a drive in these systems are high.
Enter the Seagate® NAS HDD, the first Seagate drive purpose built for 1- to 5-bay NAS arrays. Traditionally, small NAS solutions employed desktop drives, but they demanded more than a typical desktop HDD could reliably deliver. Those demands include NAS error recovery controls, drive vibration and advanced power management features, all of which are addressed with Seagate NASWorks™ technology. By choosing Seagate NAS HDD with NASWorks, you can expect more reliable performance from your 1- to 5-bay NAS systems.
NAS Error Recovery Controls
Seagate NASWorks helps to ensure drives remain active in a RAID environment. For example, in a typical desktop environment, if a drive needs to rebuild data, it can take 20 seconds or longer. In a typical NAS application, if the drive takes longer than seven seconds to recover data, the RAID assumes the drive dropped out of the array and will start the time-consuming task of rebuilding the entire drive. With NASWorks, however, the drive will stop trying to recover data within seven seconds. Instead, the drive will notify the RAID that it needs help rebuilding a specific piece of data. The RAID can help correct that data from backups, and a full drive rebuild is avoided.
Traditional desktop drives emit small levels of vibration because of their rotating magnetic platters. For laptop and desktop systems, the vibration of a single drive has little effect on a system. However, if the same desktop drive is integrated into a multi-drive environment such as a NAS box, the effects are amplified and can cause reductions in performance. For multi-drive applications, NASWorks helps dampen drive vibrations with dual-plane balance. By better balancing the drive motor, drive vibration is minimised, making it more reliable in 1- to 5-bay environments. (For larger environments, Seagate enterprise-class drives offer additional features to better displace the effects of vibration, further improving drive reliability.)
Advanced power management
Finally, desktop drives are built to run in profiles that are somewhat parallel to your own working week. That is, they're expected to run on and off for multiple hours at a time, but not 24×7. NAS environments demand more and expect ready access to data. For that reason, NASWorks provides 24×7 operation profiles and advanced power management modes to help drives go into the appropriate sleep or standby mode; this maximises power conservation, minimises time-to-data and improves overall reliability and performance.
To avoid frustration and improve performance and reliability in multi-drive applications, choose drives that support these features. You will see performance improvement and better overall health in your NAS solution with Seagate NAS HDDs supported by NASWorks.
- Backwards compatible with SATA-II
- Capacity: 3TB
- Cache: 64MB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Spin Speed: 5900RPM
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Designed for 24/7 use in a NAS