The Best Gaming PC’s to Play: F1 2020
There’s still no sign of the return of Formula 1, but you can soon play out the season on F1 2020 which is still on schedule for release on the 10th of July. Codemasters have managed to improve on the excellent F1 2019 with new features, cars, circuits and teams. The main standout addition is the option to own an F1 team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid.
It’s now easier to play with friends thanks to the new split-screen racing, a new steering assist, and a more accessible race experience mean that everyone can enjoy the game no matter their skill level. Other exciting new additions are customisation of season lengths to allow for a more exciting multiple season career, all the official teams, drivers, and 22 circuits, including two new races: Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort.
The latest 70th-anniversary edition title will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC with a retail price of £44.99 with the Deluxe Schumacher version available for £54.99. The Schumacher edition celebrates the career of the legendary driver with four iconic cars, car liveries, in-game models and race suits. You also get three days of early access to get ahead of the competition.
If you want to get a great experience playing the game in all it’s glory on PC then it’s worth paying attention to the minimum and recommended specifications. Codemasters appears to have made very few changes to the graphical aspects of the game as the required specifications are the same as those needed for last years game F1 2019.
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|Operating System||64 bit Windows 10||64 bit Windows 10|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i3 2130 / AMD FX 4300||Intel i5 9600k / AMD Ryzen 5 2600x|
|Graphics Card (GPU)||NVIDIA GT 640 / AMD HD 7750||NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti / AMD RX 590|
|Hard Drive (Storage Requirements)||80 GB available space||80 GB available space|
|Memory (RAM)||8GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 12|
Overclockers recommended systems:
The recommended specifications for F1 2020 are reasonable for such a realistic game, and a mid-range PC would suffice for 1080p gameplay. For more serious gamers that want to play competitively with Ultra graphical settings, a high resolution and high FPS, you will require a powerful dedicated Gaming PC. I’ve picked out three of Overclockers expertly built systems to enjoy playing F1 2020. There’s one for each budget, and you might even want to upgrade to a widescreen monitor, racing wheel or simulator cockpit. Or if you're really enthusiastic about F1 and want feel like a driver even when you're not laying down your fastest lap, how about an officially licensed Mercedes noblechair?
OCUK VISION VR GAMING PC
- Perfect for 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphical settings
- Phanteks P400 ATX Gaming Case - Black with RGB Lighting
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Graphics Card
- Up to 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 Dual Channel Kit
- Intel Core i5 9400F processor
- Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gbps Hard Drive
- Available for £842.99
OCUK Firefly Plus
- Play F1 2020 on Ultra settings at 1440p with above 60fps
- Phanteks Eclipse P360X Digital RGB Case with Glass Side Panel
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB Graphics Card
- Up to 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel RGB Kit
- Intel Core i5 9600KF 6 Core CPU
- 480GB Solid State Drive & Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
- Available for £1,199.99
OCUK Katana Gaming PC
- Powerful hardware for high fps, Ultra and 4K graphical settings
- Thermaltake Level 20 RS ARGB Glass Mid Tower Case - Black
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
- Up to 64GB DDR4 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Brand new Intel Core i7 10700K 5.1Ghz Processor
- WD 250GB M.2 NVMe & Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive storage
- Available from £1,879.99
noblechairs Epic Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport Chair
- Complete your Formula 1 theme set up with an officially licensed chair
- Upholstered in vegan PU leather in black with Petronas-green and silver accents
- Robust metal base
- Comfortable, breathable and ergonomic design
- Excellent adjustability options
Ask the Experts
With years of experience in the industry, Overclockers UK is widely known for building some of the finest custom gaming machines on the market. If you want more information on building the best PC for F1 2020 why not contact our team of friendly experts on 01782 444455 and they will be happy to help. You can also ask us a question HERE.