The Resurrection: AMD Ryzen™ 7 Processor & PC Systems - Pre-Order Now
After more than four years in development AMD presents the Ryzen™ x86 range of processors for desktop PCs with the advanced "Zen" microarchitecture. With massive improvements in classic single core performance as well as parallel multi-threaded applications, AMD Ryzen™ CPUs combine innovative features like AVX2 with a forward-looking platform.
Thanks to Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) every AMD Ryzen™ CPU is capable of processing two threads per core at the same time, effectively doubling the number of computational cores. The clock frequency adjusts itself in real-time using AMD's "Precision Boost" technology to precisely and automatically tune itself in accordance with the performance demands placed on the processor - ranging from gaming and Virtual Reality to cloud computing and virtualisation.
Overclocking Has Never been So Easy!
Extended Frequency Range (XFR) for automatic overclocking: All AMD Ryzen™ CPUs are equipped with the revolutionary automatic overclocking feature known as "XFR". This feature takes cooling capacity into account and allows the CPU clock frequency to be boosted far in excess of the standard boost clock.
Unlocked CPU: Foolproof overclocking thanks to the unlocked multiplier. All AMD Ryzen™ processors are "unlocked", this means that clock frequencies can be conveniently increased either directly in the BIOS or UEFI of the motherboard, or by means of software tools.
The AMD Ryzen™ 7 8-Core Processor at a Glance:
- 8 "Zen" Cores & 16 Threads thanks to Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT)
- Very high single- and multi-thread performance
- Extended Frequency Range (XFR) for automatic overclocking
- Unlocked CPU: Foolproof overclocking thanks to the unlocked multiplier
- Large unified memory cache: 4 MB L2 & 16 MB L3
- Highly-efficient non-planar 14 nanometer FinFET transistors
- AVX2 Instruction Set Extensions for complex vector calculations
- Two AES units for fast and reliable data encryption
- Cutting-edge AM4 platform & extensive array of features
- Supports energy-efficient DDR4-RAM (Dual-Channel & ECC)
The silicon is lithographed in the advanced 14 nm FinFET manufacturing process with stacked transistors (also known as 3D transistors). This striking reduction in scale has resulted in space being freed up on the processor die, thereby permitting the integration of a total of 4 MB Level 2 Cache and 16 MB Level 3 Cache. Motherboards equipped with the AM4 socket serve as the foundation for AMD's Ryzen™ range of CPUs and offer DDR4-RAM support (including ECC) and cutting-edge I/O interfaces for all use-case scenarios.
Reserve your very own launch day AMD Ryzen™ 7 processor with supreme multi-core performance. Pre-order now!
5 In stock
10+ In stock
Built To Order
Built To Order
Was: £1,775.59 £1,649.99
Built To Order
Was: £1,609.99 £1,579.99