+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
- Prolimatech Megahalems "Dual Wing Boost PWM Edition Green"OcUK Tech Labs Cooling Bundles are designed to offer proven performance. Each bundle is hand-picked to fulfil a specific role. If you want performance, silence or aesthetics there is an OcUK Tech Labs Cooling Bundle for you. Buying an OcUK Tech Labs Cooling Bundle also offers a significant saving over buying individual parts separately.
A cooler of perfection for perfectionists
The high-quality cooler has six U-shaped double heatpipes, which also efficiently dissipate the heat of overclocked CPUs. In co-operation with the optimized slat arrangement and strength, there is no doubt about the outstanding cooling performance. Ultra-silent and overclocking are therefore no contradictions. The base plate made of copper is nickel-plated and is therefore also excellent for heat transfer pastes made of liquid metal in order to achieve the optimum in performance.
The cooler is intended to be installed on different sockets of Intel (775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-v3, 2066) and AMD (AM2, AM2 +, AM3 +, FM1, FM2, FM2 +) , For installation, a backplate is screwed from the back. Thereafter, two connecting webs are screwed onto which a further web is screwed over the bottom plate of the cooler. Both backplate and connecting bars are made of solid metal to ensure a secure fit and high contact pressure.
This is the new revision C Version of the Megahalem. This already includes the previously optional AMD kit and allows an installation on Intel and AMD processors without additional accessories. In addition, four instead of two fan clamps are included in the scope of supply in order to be able to mount two fans already in the delivery condition.
Quiet PWM fan from Alpenföhn
The fans have a rubber-coated outer skin that acts as a whole-body vibration damper, and the so-called "Wing Boosts", small increases on the impeller intake side, reducing air turbulence. The fans work more quietly, especially at higher speeds, than conventional fan designs would make it possible. In addition, the inner rotor frame and the green fan struts, which are held in this version in Toxic Green, look terribly good.
In the Wing Boost 2 Plus, Alpenföhn also relies on the tried and tested, slightly overhauled hydraulic bearing (HD bearing), which reduces friction noise to a minimum, thus guaranteeing quiet operation even in the low speed range. There is, of course, no receding in the case of the housing attachment, for which decoupling rubber pins are also supplied. A black-sleeved cable for the transmission from the 4-pin PWM connection to the uncontrolled 3-pin standard fan connection is included.
Alpenföhn has optimized the fan blades aerodynamically, they now come with the "S-Shape", thus a slight swing with the shape of an S, therefore. In this way, the static pressure could still be increased without the volume having to increase at the same time. And a high static pressure is beneficial at any location, whether on radiators, process coolers or housings.
It ensures that even at lower speeds, there is sufficient air flow at a maximum of 106 m³ / h when the fan rotates at full speed of 1,500 rpm and is no louder than at 18.2 dB (A). Thanks to PWM support, the speed is determined by compatible mainboards automatically and depending on the temperature. With the supplied 7- and 5-volt adapters, however, a constant silent operation at the power supply is also possible.
Technical details (cooler):
- Dimensions: 130 x 158.7 x 74 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: nickel-plated copper (bottom, heatpipes), nickel-plated aluminum (fins)
- Weight: approx. 790 g
- Heatpipes: 6x Ø 6mm
- Fan (optional): 2x 120/140 mm (recommended speed: 800 - 1,200 rpm)
- Intel Socket 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, v3, 2066
- AMD socket AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, FM1, FM2, FM2 +
- Mounting material
- Tube Thermal compound (PK-2)
- 2x Fan clamps for 120 mm and 140 mm standard
- Fans 2x Fan clamps for 120 mm fans with deviating design
- 2x Fan clamps for 140 mm fans with deviating design
- Installation instructions
Technical details (fan):
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: approx. 166 g
- Material: plastic, rubber
- Colour: Black, Green (Toxic Green)
- Volume: max. 18.2 dB (A)
- Speed: 500 - 1,500 rpm
- Delivery volume: max. 106 m³ / h
- Power: 12V
- Connection: 4-pin PWM (with Y-switch)
- 1x cable from 4-pin to 3-pin (no PWM)
- 1x adapter 4-pin PWM-to-7-volt Molex
- 1x adapter 4-pin PWM to 5 Volt Molex
- 4x rubber dip for decoupled housing mounting
More links for "- Prolimatech Megahalems "Dual Wing Boost PWM Edition Green""
1150, 1151, 1155, 2011, 2011-V3, AM3+, FM2+, AM2+, 2066, 1156
CPU Cooler type
4Pin (PWM control)