+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
- Prolimatech Megahalems "Silent Wings PWM Edition"OcUK Tech Labs Cooling Bundles are designed to offer proven performance. Each bundle is hand-picked to fulfil a specific role. If you want performance, silence or aesthetics there is an OcUK Tech Labs Cooling Bundle for you. Buying an OcUK Tech Labs Cooling Bundle also offers a significant saving over buying individual parts separately.
A cooler of perfection for perfectionists
The high-quality cooler has six U-shaped double heatpipes, which also efficiently dissipate the heat of overclocked CPUs. In co-operation with the optimized slat arrangement and strength, there is no doubt about the outstanding cooling performance. Ultra-silent and overclocking are therefore no contradictions. The base plate made of copper is nickel-plated and is therefore also excellent for heat transfer pastes made of liquid metal in order to achieve the optimum in performance.
The cooler is intended to be installed on different sockets of Intel (775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-v3, 2066) and AMD (AM2, AM2 +, AM3 +, FM1, FM2, FM2 +) , For installation, a backplate is screwed from the back. Thereafter, two connecting webs are screwed onto which a further web is screwed over the bottom plate of the cooler. Both backplate and connecting bars are made of solid metal to ensure a secure fit and high contact pressure.
This is the new revision C Version of the Megahalem. This already includes the previously optional AMD kit and allows an installation on Intel and AMD processors without additional accessories. In addition, four instead of two fan clamps are included in the scope of supply in order to be able to mount two fans already in the delivery condition.
Including two be quiet! Silent Wings 3: superlative housing fan
The be quiet! SilentWings 3 case fans combine again excellent cooling performance with almost inaudible operation. The third generation of the Silent-Wing series continues the high-end claim and offer some optimization compared to the previous models. The black Silent Wings 3 not only offer first-class performance, but also look very good so that the assembly should be nothing more in the way.
Already the design of the black fan differs significantly from the standard design and could be perfected in comparison with the predecessor. The fan blades are not smooth, but are provided with grooves to optimize the air flow. The rounded hub also contributes to this.
The same applies to the framework. The shock absorbers are now easily replaceable by simply pulling them off or pushing them up. They are directed towards the front and the rear, thus enabling a mounting that hardly transmits vibrations. For this purpose, no screws are used, but plastic pins, which are simply pushed into the gray fastenings.
In addition, a special plain bearing made of copper has been installed which does not have any mechanical contact with the axle and thus operates quietly and durably. The rotor slides on a film of lubricant, from be quiet! FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing). This is a main reason for the stated lifetime of 300,000 hours, which corresponds to 34 years of continuous operation. A special IC controls the motor and also reduces noise.
The SilentWings 3 fan, which is controlled by pulse width modulation and is 12 centimeter in size, rotates at up to 1,450 revolutions at 12 volts, delivering 80.47 cubic meters of air per hour. According to the manufacturer, it is no louder than 16.4 dB (A). The voltage range in which the fan operates is between 4 and 12 volts.
Technical details (cooler):
- Dimensions: 130 x 158.7 x 74 mm (W x H x D)
- Material: nickel-plated copper (bottom, heatpipes), nickel-plated aluminum (fins)
- Weight: approx. 790 g
- Heatpipes: 6x Ø 6mm
- Fan (optional): 2x 120/140 mm (recommended speed: 800 - 1,200 rpm)
- Intel Socket 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, v3, 2066
- AMD socket AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, FM1, FM2, FM2 +
- Mounting material
- Tube Thermal compound (PK-2)
- 2x Fan clamps for 120 mm and 140 mm standard
- Fans 2x Fan clamps for 120 mm fans with deviating design
- 2x Fan clamps for 140 mm fans with deviating design
- Installation instructions
Technical details (fan):
- Measurements: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Volume: 16.4 dB (A)
- Speed: 1,450 rpm
- Airflow: 80.47 m³ / h
- Air pressure: 1.79 mm-H2O
- Power: 4 - 12V
- Power Consumption: 0.12 A / 1.44 W
- Connection: 4-pin PWM
- Life expectancy: 300,000 hours
- Manufacturing guarantee: 3 years
More links for "- Prolimatech Megahalems "Silent Wings PWM Edition""
1150, 1151, 1155, 2011, 2011-V3, AM3+, FM2+, AM2+, 2066, 1156
CPU Cooler type
4Pin (PWM control)