Product information: OcUK Value 54Mbps Wireless USB AdapterSupports WEP/WPA/WPA2 for wireless security
The GN331U supports 64/128-bit WEP data encryption that protects your wireless network from eavesdropping. It also supports WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) feature that combines IEEE 802.1x and TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol) technologies. The users are required to get authorized before accessing to wireless APs or wireless AP routers. The data transmitted in the network is encrypted/decrypted by a dynamically changed secret key. Furthermore, the GN-331U supports WPA2 encryption. WPA2 provides a stronger encryption mechanism through AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), which is a requirement for some corporate and government users.
Supports turbo mode
This adaptor supports higher data throughput than the IEEE 802.11g standard (up to 54Mbps). It supports specific ways to increase the data transfer rate at a time, compress the data and decrease the waiting time to send the next data to the wireless APs or wireless AP routers. This feature is called Turbo Mode. When the GN-331U is connecting to the routers or APs with this proprietary feature, you can enjoy up to 30% faster wireless transmission.
Supports multi-setup wizard
The included 16 languages setup wizard and friendly user interface will help you to configure the GN-331U to your wireless network. By simply following the animated installation procedures, the connection of GN-331U with the wireless router or the wireless access point is done within minutes.
- Complies with wireless IEEE802.11b/g standards
- Includes multi-language setup wizard
- Supports WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) for quality of service (QoS)
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA , WPA2 encryption and software WPS button
- Interface: USB 1.0/2.0 Type A One LED for Link/Activity
- Data Rate:
- 802.11b: 1/2/5.5/11Mbps
- 802.11g: 6/9/12/24/36/48/54Mbps
- Security & Support OS:
- Supports 64/128-bits WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption
- Supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/ XP/Vista, Linux and Mac OS
- Standard & Frequency Band:
- Complies with IEEE802.11b and 802.11g
- 2.4~2.4835 GHz
- Functions: Supports WMM (QoS)
- Supports software WPS configuration
- Dimensions: 9 x 19.2 x 56 mm
- Certification: CE & FCC