+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
M6Pro 512GB SSD SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive (PX-512M6P)
- Capacity: 512GB
- DRAM Cache: 768MB DDR3
- Sequential Read Speed (SATA 6Gb/s): Up to 545 MB/s
- Sequential Write Speed (SATA 6Gb/s): Up to 490 MB/s
- Random Read Speed (IOPS 4KB): Up to 100,000
- Random Write Speed (IOPS 4KB): Up to 88,000
- DC Requirement: 5V 2.0A
- Consumption: 0.25W (mobileMark) / 0.2mW (DEVSLP)
- MTBF: 2,400,000 hours
The Plextor M6 PRO is a premium professional grade SSD that combines high-performance hardware with PlexTurbo, the newly developed intelligent SSD caching software that delivers speeds far beyond the limits of the SATA III interface. By combining the best performing components from top suppliers with Plextor’s own exclusive firmware, advanced manufacturing techniques, and expert knowledge, Plextor
has developed an uncompromising drive. For gamers, computer creatives, and other demanding users, the Plextor M6 Pro sets the gold standard for storage performance, reliability, and stability.
Using a new generation of A19 nm Toshiba toggle NAND flash, a generous on-board cache, and the latest Marvell multi-core controller, the Plextor M6 PRO is able to take hardware performance to the practical maximum for the 6 Gb/s SATA III interface and provide ultra-stable performance.
PlexTurbo intelligently uses system RAM, the SSD DRAM cache, and SSD storage to take the M6 PRO’s performance beyond the bandwidth limitations of the SATA interface. By taking a smarter approach to RAM caching, it can outperform competing cache technology by identifying frequently used data to provide an increase in real-world performance. Furthermore, PlexTurbo is designed to address the weaknesses of existing RAM cache technologies with features including: data loss protection in during sudden power interruptions or system crashes, highly optimized RAM usage, and active data comparisons to extend the life of the flash memory.
With the introduction of DEVSLP mode, the M6 Pro is now able to reduce power consumption by going into an ultra-low power sleep mode that needs almost no power, but which supports a very rapid wake up. Also incorporated into the M6 PRO is the most recent version of TrueSpeed, ensuring sustained long-term performance. Plextor’s exclusive TrueProtect system provides both 256-bit AES full-drive encryption and advanced multi-layer error checking for full data protection.
The M6 PRO is the first SSD to survive Plextor’s new ultra-strict, enterprise-grade, Zero-Error standard requiring 400 units to pass 1008 hours (up from 500 hours) of extreme testing. Plextor SSDs have the lowest annual failure rate in the industry and the M6 PRO’s mean time between failures is calculated at an incredible 2.4 million hours.
- Sustained sequential mode read performance up to 545 MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 490 MB/s
- Real-world random read speeds reach a maximum of 100K IOPS and up to 88K IOPS for random writes
- Speeds with PlexTurbo intelligent SSD caching achieve up to ten times hardware only speeds
- Plextor TrueSpeed Technology keeps long-term SSD performance at like-new speeds after periods of use and when the M6 Pro is nearly full
Intelligent PlexTurbo Caching
- Intelligent SSD RAM caching solution uses system RAM to accelerate the Plextor M6 PRO storage performance beyond the limitations of the SATA III interface
- Identifies hot frequently accessed data and cold less frequently accessed data and applies the best caching patterns to each for higher performance
- Automatically protects against loss of data from the RAM cache during a power interruption or unexpected system crash
- Extends life of SSD flash memory by using smart algorithms to eliminate unnecessary writes
Built and tested to extreme standards
- The first SSD to pass Plextor’s ultra-strict enterprise-grade 1008 hour Zero-Error standard requiring 400 units to survive extended testing without error or failure
- Full burn-in and usage simulation testing for every individual drive, to ensure that 100% of units are totally reliable and extremely stable
- In-house-designed Plextor firmware perfectly optimized for the best performance and tuned for high compatibility
- Selected components from the best manufacturers including a multi-core Marvell controller and Toshiba NAND flash
Full five-year warranty
- Five-year full warranty backed by comprehensive technical support and an international network of dealers and service centers.