+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
2 Bay NAS for Home and Business TS-251A-2GThe TS-251A provides the innovative USB 3.0 QuickAccess port that allows you to quickly complete the first-time NAS installation and to then directly access files and data stored on the NAS. It also supports two additional transmission modes: Ethernet NAS mode and iSCSI SAN block-based mode. Combining USB QuickAccess, NAS and iSCSI-SAN into one box, the TS-251A is a powerful but easy-to-use storage solution ideal for backup, synchronization, remote access, and entertainment. It greatly helps to boost productivity and can meet the demands of photographers and audiovisual enthusiasts for direct, quick access to files. The TS-251A is powered by a high-performance 14nm Intel® Celeron® N3060 dual-core 1.6GHz processor, and supports 4K video playback and transcoding.
14nm Intel® Celeron® N3060 dual-core CPU and hardware-accelerated encryption engine
The TS-251A is powered by an advanced 14nm Intel® Celeron® dual-core 1.6GHz processor that features low TDP (only 6 watts) and can automatically burst up to 2.48GHz. Coupled with dual-channel 2/4GB DDR3L-1600 dual-channel RAM (upgradable to 8GB), dual Gigabit LAN ports, and SATA 6Gb/s, the TS-251A can deliver up to 213.4 MB/s throughput for optimizing mission-critical tasks while still being energy efficient. The TS-251A also features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption to deliver up to 205.14 MB/s throughput with AES 256-bit throughput with AES-NI encryption for both full NAS volume and shared folders, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the NAS.
Direct access to files with the USB QuickAccess port
The TS-251A features an innovative USB 3.0 QuickAccess port that allows you to complete the first-time installation and setup of your TS-251A without requiring network connectivity. The files and data stored on the TS-251A can also be directly accessed by using Qfinder Pro* and a USB 3.0 A-Male to Micro B-Male cable or a USB 2.0 Micro B cable**. Furthermore, you can assign access rights to users for different folders to prevent unauthorized access to important files.
USB QuickAccess/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution
The TS-251A innovatively re-defines what NAS can do by providing a USB 3.0 QuickAccess/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution. It discards the restriction of conventional DAS that only allows connecting to one device, and breaks the cost barrier for a high-speed Ethernet solution. The TS-251A’s three data transmission modes not only work independently, but they also can simultaneously run with no bandwidth interference, allowing you to multi-task with utmost productivity.
USB QuickAccess Mode
You can instantly access files and data stored on the TS-251A by connecting a PC/Mac to its USB 3.0 QuickAccess port and by using the Qfinder Pro application. To balance security and convenience needs, this method provides three access authentication modes.
The TS-251A’s USB mode is helpful for users that handle large volumes of media files on a daily basis. It provides an extremely convenient and fast solution for users to store and backup data on their computers or to access data on their NAS. With the USB mode the TS-251A is plug and use without compromising convenience or safety.
Ethernet NAS mode
The TS-251A features Ethernet networking for flexible and simultaneous file sharing across multiple devices, using SMB/CIFS, NFS and AFP protocols for sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX networks. Use Qfinder Pro to find the TS-251A's Ethernet IP address to connect to it.
iSCSI SAN block-based mode
The TS-251A supports iSCSI SAN. After creating an iSCSI target on the TS-251A, you can access the iSCSI with your computer* using the NAS IP.
Superior 4K video transcoding
Featuring advanced 8th-generation Intel® HD Graphics, the TS-251A supports 4K H.264 hardware decoding and delivers superior real-time 4K and 1080p video transcoding to convert videos to universal formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices and Smart TVs*. With offline transcoding, even when you can only connect using a low-speed Internet connection, you can still enjoy smooth video playback via File Station, Video Station, and the Qfile mobile app by selecting a pre-rendered lower resolution video. The TS-251A also allows you to set a dedicated folder for automatic video transcoding.
QTS – Simple and powerful
Thanks to the intuitive user interface of QTS, your NAS experience is smarter, smoother and spectacular. Its modern flat design streamlines loading times, and the intelligent desktop allows you to find desired functions quickly, create desktop shortcuts or group shortcuts, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing greater working efficiency. QTS breaks the barriers of devices, platforms, and geography to bring optimized cloud experiences and incorporates advanced features including volume/LUN snapshots, remote connections to public cloud services in File Station, multi-zone multimedia system, and more.
- Excellent system performance, ideal for centralized management, file sharing and backup
- USB QuickAccess port for accessing files without needing a network connection
- Supports 4K hardware decoding and transcodes 4K H.264 videos on-the-fly or offline
- Enjoy the best audio-visual experience with HDMI output, multi-channel surround sound and the free remote control
- Build a personal karaoke system with OceanKTV
- Linux Station supports Ubuntu® with direct output via HDMI
- A hybrid approach to virtualization: Virtualization Station & Container Station
- Supports Virtual JBOD (VJBOD) to maximize the storage utilization of multiple QNAP NAS units
- Processor: 14nm Intel® Celeron® N3060 dual-core 1.6GHz (up to 2.48GHz)
- Hardware Encryption Accleration: AES-NI
- System Memory: 2GB DDR3L (1 x 2GB)
- Maximum Memory: 8GB
- Memory Slot: 2 x SODIMM DDR3L (For dual-DIMM configurations, you must use a pair of identical DDR3L modules.)
- Flash Memory: 4GB, pre-loaded with QTS system
- Drive Type: 4 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDDs/SSDs
- GbE LAN: 2 x Gigabit RJ45 LAN port
- USB Port: 3 x USB 3.0 ports (Front: 1, Rear:2)
- SD Card Reader: Yes
- USB QuickAccess: (USB 3.0 Micro-B); USB cable is not included
- HDMI: 1, max. resolution 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Audio Input: 3.5mm Microphone Input jack (for dynamic microphone)
- Audio Output: 3.5mm Line Out jack (for ampliers or speakers)
- LED Indicator: Status/Power,USB,HDD 1,HDD 2,HDD 3,HDD 4
- Button: Power/Status, USB one-touch-backup, reset
- IR Receiver: supports QNAP RM-IR002 and MCE-compliant remote controls
- Others: Kensington security slot,system maintenance port
- Dimension: 169 x 160 x 219 mm / 6.65 x 6.3 x 8.62 inch (HxWxD)
- Weight: Net: 3 kg (6.61 lbs) / Gross: 3.6 kg (7.94 lbs)
- Operating System: QTS 4.2 (embedded Linux)
- Supported Client OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012/2012R2, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, Unix
- Supported Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+ , Google Chrome, Apple Safari 7+, Mozilla Firefox
- Multilingual Support: Yes
- File System: Internal Hard Drive: EXT4, External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
- Networking: TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack), Dual Gigabit NICs with jumbo frame (failover, multi-IP settings, port trunking/NIC teaming), Service binding based on network interfaces, Squid Proxy server & Proxy client,
Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC, UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
- Security: Network access protection with auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP
CIFS host access control for shared folders, FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based and shared folder data encryption, AES 256-bit external drive encryption, Importable SSL certificates, Instant alerts via email, SMS, beep, and push service, 2-step verification
- Raid Options: RAID 0,1, 5, 6, 10, 5 + hot spare, JBOD, single
- Network & Virtual Switch: DHCP client, DHCP server, USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support, Virtual Switch
- Ethernet cable x 2
- Quick installation guide (QIG)
- 6W AC Adapter:
- Power cord x 1
- Flat head screw x 16 (for 3.5" HDD)
- Flat head screw x 12 (for 2.5” HDD)
- IR Remote Control: RM-IR002