Product information: 4 Bay Desktop NAS for Home and Buisness TS-453A-4gThe TS-453A-4g is a well-rounded private cloud solution centralizing storage and IoT applications.
In response to the coming era of Internet of Things (IoT), the TS-453A innovatively supports the open source Linux® platform as a gateway for IoT solutions to other smart devices. The TS-453A allows users to directly utilize various feature-rich Linux apps, enjoying a private cloud combining storage and IoT applications, and professional developers can develop and run IoT applications directly on the TS-453A. The secure, reliable TS-453A is packed with business-critical features such as Volume/LUN Snapshot – allowing files/folders to revert to a previous state in case of any corruption or file-loss. The TS-453A is powered by the latest quad-core Intel® Celeron® processor which allows users to enjoy 4K (H.264) video playback and 1080p/4K video real-time transcoding directly from the TS-453A to an HD/4K display.
- Supports the Linux® OS with direct output via HDMI
- Dual HDMI output for switching between duplicated and extended desktop options
- AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption for efficient cryptographic performance up to 412 MB/s
- Supports 4K hardware decoding and transcodes 4K H.264 videos on-the-fly or offline
- Quickly find files using a real-time, natural search with Qsirch 2.1
- NAS and iSCSI-SAN unified storage solution for virtualization
- Supports VMware®, Citrix®, Microsoft® Hyper-V and advanced virtualization features
- A hybrid approach to virtualization in one NAS: Virtualization Station & Container Station
- Build a personal karaoke system with high-quality audio output with the new OceanKTV app
QTS-Linux dual systems, geared for the IoT era
The TS-453A’s QTS-Linux dual systems are based upon QNAP’s advanced virtualization technologies. The revolutionary architecture of the TS-453A enables users not only to download rich apps from QTS App Center but also to develop or utilize IoT packages for Linux® and display them using HDMI output. With the TS-453A, you can develop and install various IoT packages on demand and centrally store the data on the TS-453A, benefiting from a secure private storage and development solution. Simply plug in a keyboard, mouse and HDMI monitor to the TS-453A, and use the Linux Station as if you were using a PC*. You can also operate the Linux Station as a remote desktop via web browser for instant management**.
Intel® Celeron® N3150 quad-core CPU fulfills multi-tasking efficiency
Powered by the latest 14 nm Intel® Celeron® N3150 quad-core 1.6GHz processor, dual-channel 4/8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM (upgradable to 8GB), 4 Gigabit LAN ports and SATA 6Gb/s, the TS-453A delivers up to 414 MB/s read speed and runs tasks smoothly and quickly. The TS-453A can automatically increase the processor's clock speed from 1.6GHz to 2.08GHz when performing CPU-intensive tasks. The TS-453A features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption engine to drive transfer speeds of up to 412 MB/s with AES 256-bit encryption for both full NAS volume and shared folders, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the TS-453A.
Dual HDMI outputs - Switch between HD Station and Linux desktop
The TS-453A comes with dual HDMI outputs for using two monitors in either a “duplicated” or “extended” desktop configuration. Duplicating will display the same content on both displays, and extended desktop mode allows users to display applications over two displays for improved multitasking convenience and productivity.
When displaying content using HDMI outputs, you can use the TS-453A as an amazing multimedia player by using HD Station to enjoy rich apps including Kodi™, HD Player, Plex Home Theater, YouTube™, Spotify®, JRiver, Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox®, and more. Alternatively, you can choose to output the Linux® operating system desktop to use the TS-453A as a PC.
Enjoy the best audiovisual experience on TV including a free remote control
QNAP HD Station integrates the powerful Kodi™ media player and web browser. With HDMI connectivity, you can connect the TS-453A to a HDTV or an A/V receiver to enjoy your rich multimedia content and 4K( H.264) videos with the best audiovisual experience. The splendid user interface of Kodi™, 7.1 channel audio passthrough*, and the TS-453A’s powerful real-time transcoding capability facilitate smooth and enhanced playback of 4K videos **. You can even watch YouTube™ videos, surf the web and manage the TS-453A using a web browser with multilingual keyboard input. HD Station supports multi-tasking and user authentication so only authorized users can access the stored data.
The TS-453A includes a QNAP remote control for you to conveniently control HD Station through its built-in IR receiver. With the help of the new smart remote control learning function, you can pair up to three TV or stereo IR remote controls and program your frequently-used buttons and functions. From now on, you'll never again live in fear of losing or damaging your dedicated remote controls***. You can also turn your mobile devices into remote controls by installing the Qremote app.
Superior real-time and offline 4K video transcoding*
Featuring advanced 8th-generation Intel® HD Graphics, the TS-453A supports 4K (H.264) hardware decoding and delivers superior real-time 4K (H.264) and 1080p video transcoding to convert videos to universal formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices and Smart TVs. With offline transcoding, even when you can only connect using a low-speed Internet connection, you can still enjoy smooth video playback via File Station, Video Station, and the Qfile mobile app by selecting a pre-rendered lower resolution video. The TS-453A also allows you to set a dedicated folder for automatic video transcoding.
Disaster recovery solutions brings peace of mind
The TS-453A offers various data recovery options. RTRR (Real-Time Remote Replication) supports real time or scheduled data backup to a remote QNAP NAS or FTP server and synchronizes files to a remote folder from a local folder with better backup efficiency. You can enjoy backup versioning to preserve a certain amount of versions, with options of simple versioning to schedule how many versions should be retained and for how long, or smart versioning with a rotation scheme that automatically replaces earlier backup versions. The TS-453A also supports the rsync protocol to back up data to another remote server on a scheduled basis. Data can also be backed up to and restored from a range of cloud storage services, including Amazon® S3, Amazon® Glacier, Microsoft® Azure, ElephantDrive®, Dropbox®, Google Drive™, Google Cloud Storage™, and more.
Secure access with VPN & Proxy Server
The TS-453A can be used as a VPN server with L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and PPTP support, allowing you to securely access data shared within the private local network. The TS-453A can also be used as a VPN Client to connect to other VPN servers or virtual private network through for PPTP and OpenVPN for secure data transmission. VPN Client also allows your NAS to connect to multiple servers at the same time*. You can connect your devices to your NAS and the VPN server at home to access data on the LAN; moreover, via VPN Client on your NAS, you can connect to VPN servers in the United States for accessing regionally-restricted services such as Netflix and Hulu in HD Station. The TS-453A provides you with various VPN options and helps secure your data transmission. The TS-453A also supports setting up a proxy server. The Proxy Server Package can configure the cache size, supported transmission protocols, record web pages you browsed and set up a powerful content control system that limits the use of the Internet. Other features include a work log that remembers users’ habits and preferences and SquidClamav anti-virus for proxy servers to ensure connection safety.
- CPU: 14 nm Intel® Celeron® N3150 1.6GHz quad-core processor (burst up to 2.08GHz)
- GPU: 8th generation Intel HD Graphics
- Memory System memory:
- TS-453A-4G: 4GB (2 x 2GB)
- TS-453A-8G: 8GB (2 x 4GB)
- Expandable up to: 8 GB
- Total Memory Slots: 2, SODIMM DDR3L-1600(*For dual-DIMM configurations, you must use a pair of identical DDR3L modules.)
- When installing two memory modules, please ensure that they are the same size and ideally use the same type of RAM for both memory slots.
- For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM
Flash Memory: 512MB
Drive: Hot-swappable 3.5" or 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or SSD
- For the HDD compatibility list, please visit https://www.qnap.com/compatibility
- Gigabit LAN Ports: 4 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
- USB: 4 x USB 3.0 port (Front:1, Rear:3) - Support USB printer, pen drive, and USB UPS etc.
- Video Output: 2 x HDMI, up to 4K 2160P Ultra HD support
- Audio Input: 2 x 6.3mm microphone jacks (dynamic microphones only)
- LED Indicators: Status, USB, HDD 1-4
- Buttons: System: Power button, USB one-touch-backup button, Reset button
- Alarm Buzzer: System warning
- IR Receiver: Support QNAP RM-IR002 Remote Control and RM-IR003 Remote Control
- Form Factor: Tower
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 177(H) x 180(W) x 235(D) mm
- Weight (Net / Gross): 3.65 kg (8.04lbs) / 4.65 kg (10.24lbs)
- System Fan: 1 x 12cm, 12V DC
- Kensington security slot, console port (system maintenance)
- Power Supply: External Power Adapter, 96W AC adapter, 100-240V
- Power Consumption (W): S3 sleep: 1.61w
- HDD standby: 78.86ww
- In operation (typical): 32.35w
- Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Humidity: 5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27°C
Operating System: QTS 4.2 (embedded Linux)
Supported Client OS
Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2
Apple Mac OS X
Linux & UNIX
Wake on LAN
Internal hard drive standby mode
Scheduled power on/off
Automatic power on after power recovery
USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
System sleep mode (S3)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+
Mozilla Firefox 8+
Apple Safari 4+
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE VISIT - https://www.qnap.com/i/uk/product/model.php?II=212&event=2