+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
4 Bay Network Attached Storage (TS-453Be-4G)The TS-453Be features a simple physical design that can easily fit into office and home environments. It provides a PCIe port that can boost its functionality: a QNAP QM2 expansion card can be installed to add M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity and support for Qtier auto-tiering technology, or a compatible wireless card can be installed to use the TS-453Be as a wireless access point. The TS-453Be also supports dual-channel 4K H.264/H.265 processing to provide a smooth media viewing experience on all connected devices. In addition, a wide range of productivity tools are available for use on the TS-453Be to improve work efficiency for media creators or creative professionals, while also enriching their multimedia experience.
-The PCIe port supports installing a 10GbE network card, a QM2 dual-port M.2 SSD/10GbE card, a USB 3.1 10Gbps card or a compatible PCIe wireless adapter.
- 4K media playback and online transcoding; multimedia viewing on HDTV via HDMI output
- Snapshots fully record the system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the previously-recorded data.
- Hybrid Backup Sync consolidates backup and sync tasks into a single app.
- Secure private cloud solution with high storage scalability.
- Supports containerized applications and hosting multi-OS virtual machines.
Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz CPU with AES-NI Encryption
Powered by an Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3 GHz), 2GB/4GB DDR3L RAM (up to 8GB), dual Gigabit LAN ports, and supporting SATA 6Gb/s hard drives, the TS-453Be provides dependable performance of up to 225 MB/s read/write speeds. The TS-453Be features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption to drive transfer speeds of up to 225 MB/s with AES 256-bit encryption for both full NAS volumes and shared folders, boosting system performance while ensuring the security of sensitive data stored in the TS-453Be.
Protect data with snapshots
Snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and metadata. If a file is accidentally deleted or modified, you can use snapshots to quickly restore the file to its previously-recorded state. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data. The TS-453Be supports up to 1,024 snapshots per NAS and up to 256 snapshots per volume or LUN.
Real-time video transcoding
Featuring advanced 9th-generation Intel® HD Graphics, the TS-453Be supports dual-channel 4K H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and real-time transcoding, allowing you to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played on multiple devices*. Therefore, you can easily share movies and videos stored on your NAS with family and friends for their enjoyment on a range of devices. The QNAP RM-IR004 remote control (sold separately) can be configured using QButton to customize the actions of individual buttons, providing a more convenient NAS experience.
Multiply your productivity
The app-driven QTS operating system provides solutions for simplifying file backup, management, search, and more. With File Station you can view and manage your files not only from NAS but also from multiple storage devices; the OCR Converter allows you to extract text from images; Qfiling helps automate file organization, and Qsirch helps quickly find files.
Multi-point backup and access
With integrated data backup, restoration and synchronization, Hybrid Backup Sync helps you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-453Be to other QNAP NAS, USB storage (one touch copy) or cloud storage. With Qsync, you can also access your NAS files from PCs, laptops or mobile devices connected with the TS-453Be at any time.
Whole new QVR Pro surveillance solution
QNAP’s new QVR Pro surveillance solution allows you to arrange a dedicated, independent storage space for surveillance data on TS-453Be and leverage the advantages of scalability and storage manageability from QTS. With QVR Pro, camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view and playback become more easily. You can also use QVR Pro Client’s mobile app to monitor anytime, or use a USB webcam as an ONVIF network camera with the QUSBCam2 app.
Extend NAS functionalities with the PCIe slot
With PCIe expansion, the TS-453Be provides flexibility in extending NAS functionality and potential applications. Install a QNAP QM2 card to provide M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity, or use the TS-453Be as a wireless access point by installing a compatible wireless network card (ex. QNAP QWA-AC2600), or boost the USB connectivity of the TS-453Be by installing a USB 3.1 10Gbps card.
- Ordering P/N: TS-453Be-4G
- CPU: Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5 GHz, up to 2.3 GHz
- Encryption Accleration: (AES-NI)
- Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 500
- System memory: 4GB DDR3L (1 x 4GB)
- Maximum Memory: 8GB
- Total Memory Slots: 2 x DDR3L SODIMM slots (For dual-DIMM configuration, you must use a pair of identical DDR3L modules.)
(For dual-DIMM configuration, you must use a pair of identical DDR3L modules.)
- Drive: Hot-swappable 4 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD/SSD
- GbE LAN Port: 2 x RJ45 Gigabit LAN port
- 10GbE LAN Port: Optional 10 Gigabit LAN port via a PCIe expansion card
- USB 3.0 Port: 5 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports
- PCIe Slot: 1 PCIe 2.0 x2 slot
- HDMI Port: 2 x HDMI v1.4b, up to 3840 x 2160, 30 Hz
- Audio Input: 2 x 3.5mm microphone input jacks
- Audio Output: Speaker, 3.5mm line out jack
- LED Indicators: Status/Power, LAN, USB, Drives
- Buttons: Power, USB copy, Reset, Capacitive touch buttons (select, enter)
- Infrared Receiver: Optional QNAP RM-IR004 remote control
- Other Interfaces: Kensington security slot
- Dimension (HxWxD): 168 x 170 x 226 mm
- Weight: 2.33 kg ( 5.14 lbs )
- Sound Level Operating low speed: 18.8 dB(A)
- Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27°C (80.6°F)
- Power Consumption:
HDD sleep: 15.00W
Typical Operation: 30.04W
- Power Supply: 90W AC adapter, 100-240V
- Fan: 1 x 12 cm
- Operating System: QTS 4.3 (embedded Linux)
- Supported Opertaing Systems: Linux & Unix, Apple MAC OS 10.7+, Windows 7 , 8 , 10 , Server 2003/2008
- myQNAPcloud Service:
Free host name registration (DDNS)
Optional myQNAPcloud SSL certificates (DDNS)
Auto router configuration using UPnP
Web-based file manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption
CloudLink for remote access without complex router setup
File syncing across multiple devices with SSL secure connection
Selective synchronization for specific folders or subfolders
Team folders as file center for better collaboration
Note: The maximum number of sync tasks is 32.
File sharing using email links
Policy settings for conflicting files and file type filter
Version control for a maximum of 64 versions
Unified privilege and configuration management
Central configuration mode
Remote erase and restore
Windows and Mac OS support
- File System:
Internal hard drive (EXT4)
External hard drive (EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, and exFAT)
Note: To use exFAT you must purchase an exFAT driver license from License Center.
Network access protection with auto-blocking (SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, and AFP)
Host access control for shared folders (CIFS/SMB)
140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based and shared folder data encryption (FIPS)
256-bit external drive encryption (AES)
Importing of SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt
Instant alerts through email, SMS, push service, and audio
- Storage Management:
Storage space utilization monitoring
Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
Supported RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single
RAID hot spare and global hot spare
RAID rebuild speed customization
Advanced secure data erase
Qtier™ Technology (automated storage tiering)
Automatic or scheduled data tiering
IO-aware auto tiering
Shared folder tiering on demand
Volume and LUN snapshots
Unified Snapshot Directory
Support for Windows Previous Versions (CIFS/SMB)
Snapshot Agent for Microsoft Windows and VMware vSphere
Online volume expansion
Online storage pool expansion
Online RAID capacity expansion
Online RAID level migration
SMART data migration
Storage expansion using QNAP expansion units
JBOD enclosure roaming
SSD read-only or read-write cache
Note: The maximum cache size depends on installed memory.
Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T test.
Bad block recovery and RAID recovery
- Ethernet Cable x 2
- Power Cord x 1
- AC Adapter: AC Adapter
- Flat head screw x 12 (for 2.5" HDD)
- Quick Installation Guide (QIG)