+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
4 Bay Thunderbolt Networked Attached Storage (TVS-682T)The TVS-682T features advanced hardware by adopting 6th Generation Intel® 14nm multi-core processors and was designed around the concept of tiered storage, application-based partitioning and network traffic distribution. Providing a Thunderbolt DAS/NAS/iSCSI SAN triple solution, the TVS-682T delivers the incredible power of Thunderbolt™ 2 to double the speed potential to 20 Gbps, supports smooth 4K video transfer, and is a perfect match for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac* users for 4K workflows, file storage and high-speed sharing. Incorporating reliability, security and rich applications, the TVS-682T delivers the highest transfer rates ever as storage with persistent throughput, and provides a complete business-ready storage solution.
Thunderbolt™ 2 NAS, extraordinary performance
The TVS-682T is powered by a high-performance Intel® Core™ i3 dual-core processor and 8GB DDR4 RAM, driving outstanding system performance for CPU-demanding applications. Offering a comprehensive DAS/NAS/iSCSI SAN multi-mode storage solution in a compact form factor, the TVS-682T not only features Thunderbolt™ 2 technology but also has dual 10GbE ports giving you incredible flexibility for network connectivity.
Note: Thunderbolt cables are not included as standard. Users must purchase Thunderbolt cables separately.
Advanced hardware for greater efficiency
High-performance hardware, well-designed application functionalities and thoroughly-planned usage scenarios are three distinctive cornerstones for achieving optimum performance.
Tool-less HDD tray and installation
2.5" SSD trays and 3.5" hard drive trays feature tool-less design for easy installation and replacement.
2 x built-in M.2 SSD slots
Supports SATA M.2 SSDs with 2242, 2260, 2280, and 22110 form factors; allows the greatest flexibility in tiered storage configuration and enables cache acceleration.
Note: M.2 SSD operations can easily generate excessive heat. It is recommended to install a heatsink (from QNAP or a third-party provider) on the M.2 SSD.
DDR4 2133 MHz memory
Supports four DDR4 memory modules for a maximum of 64GB RAM.
6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor
Features the latest 14nm manufacturing technology with faster buses to support DDR4, PCIe Gen.3, and DMI 3.0 for incredible performance and extremely efficient data transmission.
Compartmentalized smart cooling
Separately detects the CPU and hard drive temperatures to dynamically control fan speed and performs quieter fan operations.
M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD & 2.5" SSD cache
The TVS-682T provides 2 SSD slots dedicated for caching to increase IOPS performance, and provides higher transfer speeds and reliability with the compact, energy-efficient M.2 SSD. Using an SSD cache boosts overall system performance, and is perfect for improving overall workflow of random IOPS demanding applications such as virtualization. The TVS-682T combines M.2 SSD, 2.5" SSD and HDD in one box to effectively realize tiered storage for exceptional application performance and lower TCO of storage at the same time.
Perfect storage trio: tiered storage, application-based partitioning & network traffic distribution
The advanced hardware design of TVS-682T can facilitate optimized storage deployment based on different usage scenarios.
QNAP's Qtier Technology empowers the TVS-682T with Auto Tiering that helps continuously optimize storage efficiency across M.2 SSD, SSD and SATA drives. With Auto Tiering, the TVS-682T can automatically move frequently-used "hot" data to high-performance storage tiers and less-accessed "cold" data to lower-cost, higher-capacity drives, making the TVS-682T an extremely efficient shared resource. Businesses will no longer have to invest heavily in expensive Flash technology, but can still enjoy exceptional application performance and cost efficiency from Auto Tiering with the TVS-682T.
Every application requires different performance. For example, Surveillance Station requires higher-priority access to storage to ensure the integrity of recordings, while normal transmission speeds are sufficient for file sharing. However, when multiple applications are running on the same storage media, the required throughput level cannot be guaranteed as the storage media is busy handling I/O requests from all of them. The TVS-682T supports three different types of storage media: M.2, SSD and SATA hard drives, and they can be configured as independent partitions for different applications, ensuring a sufficient throughput level for every application.
Network Traffic Distribution
With four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the TVS-682T allows applications to use dedicated interfaces to meet network traffic distribution requirements. Network interfaces can also be easily managed with the Network & Virtual Switch app, which enables optimized network resources for TVS-682T, virtual machines and containerized apps. No matter if they are business organizations or individual users, they can effortlessly manage network connections by using the Network & Virtual Switch.
Thunderbolt/Ethernet dual network
The Thunderbolt™ 2 protocol uses industry-standard networking technologies meaning the high-speed transmission over your Thunderbolt™ 2 cable is able to run all network services (such as file sharing, FTP, and other services). The TVS-682T can also simultaneously run general Ethernet services in addition to the Thunderbolt™ 2 network, completely independently and with no bandwidth interference. You can flexibly allocate proper bandwidth for different concurrent tasks.
- Built-in M.2 SATA 6Gb/s slots & 2.5” SSD slots
- Qtier technology and SSD cache enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency
- The Network & Virtual Switch app assists network traffic distribution, and re-routes dedicated bandwidth for diverse applications
- Triple HDMI output for smooth 4K @30Hz video playback
- Thunderbolt™ 2 (20Gbps) and 10GbE dual network for on-the-fly video editing and speedy sharing
- 4 available combinations with Mac/PC and JBOD for flexible attaching, sharing and expansion
- Scalable up to 416 TB with the Thunderbolt™ 2 storage expansion enclosures TX-800P/ TX-500P
- Virtual JBOD (VJBOD) allows to use QNAP NAS to expand the TVS-682T’s storage capacity
- Supports QRM+ unified remote server management, QvPC technology, virtual machine and container applications, and storage for virtualization
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-6100 3.7 GHz dual-core processor
- System Memory: 4 Slots, 2 x 4 GB DDR4 RAM Pre-Installed, Maximum memory: 64 GB (16 GB x4)
- Flash Memory: 512MB DOM
- M.2 Slot: 2 x M.2 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA 6Gb/s SSD (Not included)
- Hard Drive Tray: 2 x 2.5” SSD, 4 x 2.5"/3.5" hard drive or SSD
- Drive Interface: SATA 6Gbps/3Gbps; Hot-swappable
- Thunderbolt Port: 2 x Thunderbolt™ 2 high-speed port
- USB: 1 x USB 3.0 port (Front), 4 x USB 3.0 port (Rear)
- LAN Port: 2 x 10GBase-T port, 4 x GbE port
- HDMI Output: 3
- Audio Input: Audio In: 2 x 6.3mm MIC In
- Audio Output: 2 x built-in speaker, 1 x 3.5mm Line-out jack
- Dimensions: 231.9 (H) x 224.9 (W) x 319.8 (D) mm
- Weight: Net (NAS only): 7.7 kg
For more details please visit here - https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/product/model.php?II=231