+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
TBS-453A 4-Bay M.2 SSD NASbookFeatures:
- Supports 4 x M.2 SSD Drives
- Intel 1.6GHz Processor
- RAID Protection
- Built-in 4-port LAN switch, combined with advanced virtual switch functionality for maximized network flexibility
- Dual HDMI output with duplicated and extended desktop options
- Use the TBS-453A as a PC with exclusive QvPC Technology and 4K (H.264) support
- Supports Linux® OS with direct output via HDMI
- Store, backup, and share files with snapshots and versioning
- Wide range 10V ~ 20V DC power input
- Expand the total raw storage capacity with a UX-800P/UX-500P expansion enclosure
- Build a karaoke system with the OceanKTV app
Handy, quiet and compact with four M.2 SSDs
Designed with a "NASbook" concept, the TBS-453A uses a thin, B5-sized case to make it easy to setup anywhere in the office. Compared with a normal NAS, the TBS-453A's usage of M.2 SSDs (instead of conventional hard drives) allows it to be significantly smaller and quieter. The RAM and M.2 SSDs are also easily accessible for installation and upgrading by removing the rubber pads and thumb screws on the bottom of the TBS-453A.
Optimal performance with quad-core CPU, AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption, and M.2 SSDs
The TBS-453A is powered by an advanced 14nm Intel® Celeron® N3150 quad-core 1.6GHz processor that can automatically burst up to 2.08GHz when performing CPU-intensive tasks. Coupled with dual-channel 4GB/8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM and four M.2 SSDs for storage, the TBS-453A has 2x Gigabit LAN ports and 3x Gigabit switch ports. The built-in 2 Gigabit LAN ports can deliver up to 112MB/s throughput independently for optimizing mission-critical tasks. The TBS-453A features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption. With AES 256-bit encryption for full NAS volumes, the built-in 2 Gigabit LAN ports can deliver up to 109MB/s throughput independently.
Built-in four-port LAN switch for maximized network flexibility
The TBS-453A includes additional hardware-based LAN switch ports with network switch mode and private network mode settings, allowing you to easily build a flexible network environment. In the default switch mode, users can simply use the TBS-453A's network switch functionality to share the Internet and NAS resources at the same time. While in the private network configuration, users can create a closed network, allowing them to create secure environments for activities such as creating a secure surveillance recording with IP cameras. The TBS-453A's network design greatly boosts collaboration and productivity at work as it ensures always-on Internet connectivity. Business meeting attendees, for example, could benefit from the network accessibility to access files stored on the TBS-453A or to search for information online during the meeting.
Dual HDMI output - switch between "duplicated" or "extended" desktop configurations
The TBS-453A supports QNAP’s exclusive QvPC technology and comes with dual HDMI output, enabling you to use the NAS as a PC with a keyboard, mouse and HDMI monitors. You can configure the displayed content on the two monitors in either a “duplicated” or “extended” desktop configuration. Duplicating will display the same content on both displays, and extended allows users to display applications over two displays for improved multitasking convenience and productivity.
The TBS-453A can also be used as an amazing media player by using HD Station to enjoy rich apps including Kodi™, HD Player, Plex Home Theater, YouTube™, Spotify®, JRiver, Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox®, and more. Alternatively, you can directly use the TBS-453A as a PC by using Linux Station to enjoy the incredibly popular open source Linux® operating system.
QTS-Linux dual systems for IoT applications
The TBS-453A features QTS-Linux dual systems which build on QNAP's advanced virtualization technologies. The revolutionary architecture of the TBS-453A enables users not only to enjoy the various advanced features introduced in QTS 4.2, download rich apps from QTS App Center but also to develop or utilize IoT packages for Linux® and display them using HDMI output. With the TBS-453A, you can develop and install various IoT packages on demand and centrally store the data on the TBS-453A, benefiting from a secure private storage and development solution. Simply plug in a keyboard, mouse and HDMI monitor to the TBS-453A, and use the Linux Station as if you were using a PC*. You can also operate the Linux Station as a remote desktop via web browser for instant management**.
Cross-platform file sharing, centralized data storage
The TBS-453A supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, Linux®/UNIX® networks. Data, logs and ISO images of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored on the TBS-453A and protected by an integrated antivirus solution. The Windows AD® and LDAP services enable system administrators to configure user permissions by using an existing Windows AD server, LDAP server or built-in LDAP service. The TBS-453A supports SAMBA v4 and can act as a Windows domain controller to manage privilege settings.
Superior real-time and offline 4K video transcoding*
Featuring advanced 8th-generation Intel® HD Graphics, the TBS-453A supports 4K (H.264) hardware decoding and delivers superior real-time 4K (H.264) and 1080p video transcoding to convert videos to universal formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices and Smart TVs. With offline transcoding, even when you can only connect using a low-speed Internet connection, you can still enjoy smooth video playback using File Station, Video Station, and the Qfile mobile app by selecting a pre-rendered lower resolution video. The TBS-453A also allows you to set a dedicated folder for automatic video transcoding.
- Processor: 14nm Intel® Celeron® N3150 quad-core 1.6GHz, burst up to 2.08GHz
- GPU: 8th generation Intel HD Graphics
- System Memory: 4GB (2 x 2GB)
- Maximum Memory: 8GB
- Memory Slot: 2, SODIMM DDR3L-1600
- Flash: 2GB
- Drive Type: 4 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 SATA 6Gb/s SSDs
- Network: 2 x Gigabit LAN ports & 3 x Gigabit switch ports (LAN port 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4 are designed as switch ports)
- USB Port: 4 x USB 3.0 & 1 x USB 2.0 ports
- Video Output: 2 x HDMI, up to 4K 2160P Ultra HD support
- Dimension (HxWxD): 25 x 230 x 165 mm / 0.98 x 9.06 x 6.50 inch
- Weight: 724g / 1.60lbs.
- Power Consumption (W): System sleep mode: 0.98W, SSD standby: 13.05W, In operation: 15.2W
- Sound Level: Sound pressure (LpAm) :10.8 dB(A)
- Operating System: QTS 4.2 (embedded Linux)
- Package Contents: NASbook, 65W 19V AC adapter, power cord, quick installation guide, Ethernet cable x 2, remote control, SSD installation kit