+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
TS-253A-4G 2 Bay Network Attached Storage - Populated** THIS PRODUCT IS BUILT TO ORDER AND CAN TAKE 3-4 DAYS TO COMPLETE **
Qnap TS-253A-4G is a well-rounded private cloud solution centralizing storage and IoT applications. More than just reliable data storage, QNAP Network-attached Storage (NAS) provide applications and services toempower the user with a richer, smarter, more rewarding experience. QNAP NAS provide data retention and security while enhancing communication and seamless collaboration.
In response to the coming era of Internet of Things (IoT), the TS-253A innovatively supports the open-source Linux® platform as a gateway for IoT solutions to other smart devices. The TS-253A allows users to directly utilize various feature-rich Linux apps, enjoying a private cloud combining storage and IoT applications, and professional developers can develop and run IoT applications directly on the TS-253A. The secure, reliable TS-253A is packed with business-critical features such as Volume/LUN Snapshot – allowing files/folders to revert to a previous state in case of any corruption or file-loss. The TS-253A is powered by the latest quad-core Intel® Celeron® processor which allows users to enjoy 4K (H.264) video playback and 1080p/4K video real-time transcoding directly from the TS-253A to an HD/4K display.
QTS-Linux dual systems, geared for the IoT era
The TS-253A’s QTS-Linux dual systems are based upon QNAP’s advanced virtualization technologies. The revolutionary architecture of the TS-253A enables users not only to download rich apps from QTS App Center but also to develop or utilize IoT packages for Linux® and display them using HDMI output. With the TS-253A, you can develop and install various IoT packages on demand and centrally store the data on the TS-253A, benefiting from a secure private storage and development solution. Simply plug in a keyboard, mouse and HDMI monitor to the TS-253A, and use the Linux Station as if you were using a PC*. You can also operate the Linux Station as a remote desktop via web browser for instant management**.
Intel® Celeron® N3150 quad-core CPU fulfills multi-tasking efficiency
Powered by the latest 14 nm Intel® Celeron® N3150 quad-core 1.6GHz processor, dual-channel 4/8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM (upgradable to 8GB), 2 Gigabit LAN ports and SATA 6Gb/s, the TS-253A delivers up to 224 MB/s read speed and runs tasks smoothly and quickly. The TS-253A can automatically increase the processor's clock speed from 1.6GHz to 2.08GHz when performing CPU-intensive tasks. The TS-253A features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption engine to drive transfer speeds of up to 224 MB/s with AES 256-bit encryption for both full NAS volume and shared folders, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the TS-253A.
Dual HDMI outputs - Switch between HD Station and Linux desktop
The TS-253A comes with dual HDMI outputs for using two monitors in either a “duplicated” or “extended” desktop configuration. Duplicating will display the same content on both displays, and extended desktop mode allows users to display applications over two displays for improved multitasking convenience and productivity.
When displaying content using HDMI outputs, you can use the TS-253A as an amazing multimedia player by using HD Station to enjoy rich apps including Kodi™, HD Player, Plex Home Theater, YouTube™, Spotify®, JRiver, Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox®, and more. Alternatively, you can choose to output the Linux® operating system desktop to use the TS-253A as a PC.
Enjoy the best audiovisual experience on TV including a free remote control
QNAP HD Station integrates the powerful Kodi™ media player and web browser. With HDMI connectivity, you can connect the TS-253A to a HDTV or an A/V receiver to enjoy your rich multimedia content and 4K( H.264) videos with the best audiovisual experience. The splendid user interface of Kodi™, 7.1 channel audio passthrough*, and the TS-253A’s powerful real-time transcoding capability facilitate smooth and enhanced playback of 4K videos **. You can even watch YouTube™ videos, surf the web and manage the TS-253A using a web browser with multilingual keyboard input. HD Station supports multi-tasking and user authentication so only authorized users can access the stored data.
The TS-253A includes a QNAP remote control for you to conveniently control HD Station through its built-in IR receiver. With the help of the new smart remote control learning function, you can pair up to three TV or stereo IR remote controls and program your frequently-used buttons and functions. From now on, you'll never again live in fear of losing or damaging your dedicated remote controls***. You can also turn your mobile devices into remote controls by installing the Qremote app.
Disaster recovery solutions brings peace of mind
The TS-253A offers various data recovery options. RTRR (Real-Time Remote Replication) supports real time or scheduled data backup to a remote QNAP NAS or FTP server and synchronizes files to a remote folder from a local folder with better backup efficiency. You can enjoy backup versioning to preserve a certain amount of versions, with options of simple versioning to schedule how many versions should be retained and for how long, or smart versioning with a rotation scheme that automatically replaces earlier backup versions. The TS-253A also supports the rsync protocol to back up data to another remote server on a scheduled basis. Data can also be backed up to and restored from a range of cloud storage services, including Amazon® S3, Amazon® Glacier, Microsoft® Azure, ElephantDrive®, Dropbox®, Google Drive™, Google Cloud Storage™, and more.
Restore files with Snapshot
QTS Storage Manager adds an easy-to-use web-based snapshot tool for you to easily backup and restore data on the TS-253A back to any point of time in case you lose any important data. You can take snapshots for both volumes and LUN (up to 256 snapshots per volume or LUN and maximum 1024 snapshots per NAS), efficiently replicate volume/LUN snapshots via Snapshot Replica to remote servers by copying only the changes made, and quickly clone a volume /LUN snapshot as a local volume without interrupting the current system operation. You can even set up the system to automatically take a snapshot of the volume before backup via RTRR/rsync, even when the file is opened.
Secure access with VPN & Proxy Server
The TS-253A can be used as a VPN server with L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and PPTP support, allowing you to securely access data shared within the private local network. The TS-253A can also be used as a VPN Client to connect to other VPN servers or virtual private network through for PPTP and OpenVPN for secure data transmission. VPN Client also allows your NAS to connect to multiple servers at the same time*. You can connect your devices to your NAS and the VPN server at home to access data on the LAN; moreover, via VPN Client on your NAS, you can connect to VPN servers in the United States for accessing regionally-restricted services such as Netflix and Hulu in HD Station. The TS-253A provides you with various VPN options and helps secure your data transmission. The TS-253A also supports setting up a proxy server. The Proxy Server Package can configure the cache size, supported transmission protocols, record web pages you browsed and set up a powerful content control system that limits the use of the Internet. Other features include a work log that remembers users’ habits and preferences and SquidClamav anti-virus for proxy servers to ensure connection safety.
File synchronization across multiple devices and clouds
Qsync utility turns your TS-253A into a safe, large-capacity data center for file synchronization. Any file uploaded to the TS-253A will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops or mobile devices. Qsync is especially useful for frequent travelers to manage files and always have the most up-to-date files on different devices. Qsync now provides more new features— it allows you to synchronize shared folders and create group-shared folders exclusive for your project team; it provides centralized management configuration, helping saving IT administers’ time; it also supports centralized configuration and allows you to remotely erase the Qsync folder on a lost device to avoid data breaches, and even restore it after you have retrieved the device. You can also install the Cloud Drive Sync app from QTS App Center to easily sync files with Google Drive™ and Dropbox® cloud storage.
Supports the Linux® OS with direct output via HDMI
- Dual HDMI output for switching between duplicated and extended desktop options
- AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption for efficient cryptographic performance up to 224 MB/s
- Supports 4K hardware decoding and transcodes 4K H.264 videos on-the-fly or offline
- Quickly find files using a real-time, natural search with Qsirch 2.1
- NAS and iSCSI-SAN unified storage solution for virtualization
- Supports VMware®, Citrix®, Microsoft® Hyper-V and advanced virtualization features
- A hybrid approach to virtualization in one NAS: Virtualization Station & Container Station
- Build a personal karaoke system with high-quality audio output with the new OceanKTV app
- CPU: 14 nm Intel® Celeron® N3150 1.6GHz quad-core processor (burst up to 2.08GHz)
- GPU: 8th generation Intel HD Graphics
- TS-253A-4G: 4GB (2 x 2GB)
- TS-253A-8G: 8GB (2 x 4GB)
- Expandable up to: 8 GB
- Total Memory Slots: 2, SODIMM DDR3L-1600(*For dual-DIMM configurations, you must use a pair of identical DDR3L modules.)
Flash Memory: 512MB
Drive: Hot-swappable 3.5" or 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or SSD
- Gigabit LAN Ports: 2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
- USB: 4 x USB 3.0 port (Front:1, Rear:3) - Support USB printer, pen drive, and USB UPS etc.
- Video Output: 2 x HDMI, up to 4K 2160P Ultra HD support
- Audio Input: 2 x 6.3mm microphone jacks (dynamic microphones only)
- LED Indicators: Status, USB, HDD 1-2
- Buttons: System: Power button, USB one-touch-backup button, Reset button
- Alarm Buzzer: System warning
- IR Receiver: Support QNAP RM-IR002 Remote Control and RM-IR003 Remote Control
- Form Factor: Tower
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 150(H) x 102(W) x 216(D) mm
- Weight (Net / Gross): 1.74 kg (3.84lbs) / 2.92kg 6.44lbs)
- System Fan: 1 x 7cm, 12V DC
- Kensington Security Slot: 1
- Power Supply: External Power Adapter, 65W, 100-240V
- Power Consumption (W): S3 sleep: 1.18
- HDD standby: 8.38w
- In operation (typical): 14.43w
- Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Humidity: 5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27°C
- Operating System: QTS 4.2 (embedded Linux)
Supported Client OS
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2
- Apple Mac OS X
- Linux & UNIX
- Wake on LAN
- Internal hard drive standby mode
- Scheduled power on/off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
- System sleep mode (S3)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+
- Mozilla Firefox 8+
- Apple Safari 4+
- Google Chrome
- When installing two memory modules, please ensure that they are the same size and ideally use the same type of RAM for both memory slots.
- For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM
- For the HDD compatibility list, please visit https://www.qnap.com/compatibility
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE VISIT - https://www.qnap.com/i/uk/product/model.php?II=211&event=2
**If you wish to change the hard drive please call our sales team on 01782 444455**