+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
TS-328 3 Bay Network Attached StorageThe TS-328 is QNAP’s first 3-bay NAS, allowing you to build a RAID 5 array on your NAS with the fewest disks. Powered by a Realtek quad-core RTD1296 processor, the TS-328 features a minimalist design that easily fits into your home or commercial space. With a variety of multimedia applications, transcoding capabilities and cross-device file backup and synchronization, the TS-328 provides a highly cost-effective solution for storage, backup, file management, and sharing.
- Raid 5 Support: With just three disks you can build a secure RAID 5 array on the TS-328. This provides optimized storage capacity and protection against one disk failing.
- 4K Encoding: Supports H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and transcoding, providing a smoother video viewing experience.
-Snapshot Restore: Snapshots fully record system status and data (including metadata). If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the data with snapshots.
- Hot Swap: Hot-swapping design allows you to remove hard drives without powering off the NAS to ensure continuous operations.
- Hybrid Backup: Hybrid Backup Sync consolidates backup and sync tasks to a single app; Qsync is an easy-to-use real-time file sync service for computers and mobile devices.
-Qphoto uploading: Take photos or record videos using Qphoto on your mobile device and they will be automatically uploaded to the TS-328
Central management for multimedia files
You may have lots of photos or videos spread across devices, which can be hard to manage and back up. With the TS-328, you can centrally backup and manage all your files and easily share them with others. With the new version of File Station (QTS 4.3.4), you can directly access the photos and videos on your mobile device by connecting it to the TS-328 via USB. You can even use the Qphoto mobile app to take photos or record videos and directly upload them to the TS-328 for greater protection to save the storage space on the mobile device.
Realtek quad-core processor
The TS-328 is powered by a Realtek RTD1296 quad-core 1.4 GHz processor with 2GB DDR4 memory. It provides two 1GbE ports and SATA 6Gb/s disk drives, delivering up to 225 MB/s read/write speeds. The TS-328 also has two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 ports, allowing you to easily transfer large media files across devices via USB connection.
Protect data with snapshots
Snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and the metadata. If an error occurs, you can use snapshots to quickly restore the system to its normal state. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data.
Real-time video transcoding
The TS-328 supports 4K H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and real-time transcoding , allowing you to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played on multiple devices. Therefore, you can easily share movies or travel videos saved on your NAS to your family and friends via shared links and they can enjoy watching the videos smoothly anytime and anywhere.
SSD cache acceleration
The TS-328 supports SSD caching to greatly boost the IOPS performance of storage volumes and increase operational efficiency. It is perfect for improving the overall workflow of IOPS-demanding applications and allows the best of both cost and performance by combining SSDs with HDDs.
Automate everyday tasks with IFTTT Agent
QNAP IFTTT Agent integrates the popular web automation service IFTTT (If This Then That), allowing you to create a near-unlimited number of automated workflows. Simply connect your IFTTT account with your TS-328 and set triggers and actions. For example, if you set a trigger as “Any new photo on the phone” and the action as "Upload the photo to QNAP NAS," then all the photos taken using your phone will be automatically uploaded to TS-328.
Multiply your productivity
The app-driven QTS operating system provides solutions for simplifying file backup, management, search, and more. With File Station you can view your NAS files and access files from USB storage devices, the OCR Converter allows you to extract text from images, Qfiling helps automate file organization, and Qsirch helps quickly find files.
Multi-point backup and access
With integrated data backup, restore and synchronization, Hybrid Backup Sync helps you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-328 to other QNAP NAS, USB storage (one touch copy) or cloud storage. With Qsync, you can also access your NAS files from PCs, laptops or mobile devices connected with the TS-328 at any time.
- CPU: Realtek Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 (64-bit), RTD 1296, 1.4GHz
- Encryption Acceleration: Yes
- System Memory: 2GB DDR4 RAM (not expandable) (The TS-328 reserves some RAM for use as shared graphics memory)
- Flash Memory: 4GB eMMC
- Drive Bay: Hot-swappable 3 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD/SSDs (bundled one 2.5" tray base for installing 2.5" HDD/SSD)
- Gigabit Ethernet Port: 2 x RJ45 Gigabit LAN port
- USB Port: 2 x USB 3.0 (1 x Front); 1 x USB 2.0 (Rear)
- Audio: speaker, 3.5mm line out jack
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 142 x 150 x 260.1 mm
- Weight: Gross Weight: 2.69 kg (5.93 lbs)
- Sound Level: 16.5 dBA
- Operating System: QTS 4.3.4 (embedded Linux)
- Wake on LAN
- Internal hard drive standby mode
- Scheduled power on/off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP Management
Supported Client Operating Systems:
- Apple Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Linux and UNIX
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Storage space utilization monitoring
- Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
- RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, single
- RAID hot spare and global hot spare
- RAID rebuild speed customization
- Advanced secure data erase
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internal Hard Drive: EXT4
- External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
- TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack)
- Service binding based on network interfaces
- Squid Proxy server
- Proxy client
- DHCP client, DHCP server
- Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
- UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
- USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
Full Specification: https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/product/ts-328