850 EVO Series mSATA 250GB SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (MZ-M5E250BW)
- Samsung's unique and innovative 3D V-NAND flash memory architecture is a breakthrough in overcoming the density limitations
- performance and endurance of today's conventional planar NAND architecture.
2 In stock
Product information: 850 EVO Series mSATA 250GB SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (MZ-M5E250BW)Samsung's unique and innovative 3D V-NAND flash memory architecture is a breakthrough in overcoming the density limitations, performance and endurance of today's conventional planar NAND architecture. 3D V-NAND stacks 32 cell layers vertically over one another rather than decreasing cell dimensions and trying to fit itself onto a fixed horizontal space. As a result, the technology provides higher density and better performance utilizing a smaller footprint.
Optimize computing with TurboWrite technology for unrivalled read/write speeds
Achieve ultimate read/write performance to maximize your everyday computing experience with Samsung's TurboWrite technology. Compared to the 840 EVO, the 850 EVO shows an increased overall user experience of approximately 13%*, partly thanks to the now 2x faster random write speeds** The 850 EVO delivers top-notch performance in its class, with sequential read and write speeds of 540MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively. Enjoy optimized random performance in all Queue Depths (QD) for client PC usage scenarios.
Increase memory storage with RAPID mode
The Samsung 850 EVO mSATA is a speed machine. With the latest Samsung Magician software, you can activate the RAPID mode to tap unused PC memory (DRAM) and use it as cache storage up to 25% of the total DRAM capacity. With the dramatic increase in storage, data processing speeds and random QD can be up to 2x faster* under the RAPID mode.
Endurance and reliability bolstered by 3D V-NAND technology
The 850 EVO delivers guaranteed endurance and reliability by doubling the Total Bytes Written (TBW) compared to the previous generation of 840 EVO* along with an industry-leading 5 year warranty. Through improving performance by up to 30%, the 850 EVO allows sustained performance** making it one of the most dependable storage solutions.
Energy efficiency backed by 3D V-NAND
The 840 Evo introduced the 2mW device sleep mode feature in the 840 EVO, and now the 850 EVO is introducing cutting-edge 3D V-NAND Technology (which consumes 50% less energy than Planar 2D NAND), giving you 25% more power efficiency during write operations*.
Flexible form factor for use in different types of devices
The versatile 850 EVO mSATA has you covered no matter which connector type or physical slot size your device supports, making it perfect for today's desktops, laptops, and especially ultra-thin space-constrained tablet PCs.
Secured data through advanced encryption methods
The 850 EVO comes fortified with the latest hardware-based full disk encryption engine. The AES 256-bit encryption and TCG Opal 2.0 encryption secure data without any performance degradation. It is also compatible with IEEE-1667 for Microsoft's eDrive so that your data is protected at all times for your peace of mind.
Protection against overheating with Dynamic Thermal Guard
The 850 EVO Dynamic Thermal Guard feature constantly and automatically monitors and maintains the ideal temperature for the drive to operate optimally.
Simple and quick migration management
With the One-Stop Install Navigator, Samsung Data Migration and Magician software are installed simultaneously for your convenience to ensure that your SSD's settings are optimized for efficient data transfer.
Enjoy an integrated in-house solution including top-quality components
As the industry SSD leader, Samsung is uniquely positioned to design, develop and manufacturer exclusively in house, resulting in a seamlessly integrated and fully optimized solution for enhanced performance and eliminating the risk of component compatibility errors.
- Innovative 3D V-NAND Technology
- Incredible Read/Write Performance
- Enhanced Endurance and Reliability
- The Most Evolved SSD for Ultra-thin Laptops and PCs
- SATA 6Gb/s SSD for Client PCs
- mSATA Form Factor
- Samsung Magician Software for SSD management
- Samsung Data Migration Software
- Capacity: 250 GB
- Form Factorm: SATA
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 540 MB/sec Sequential Read *
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 520 MB/sec Sequential Write *
- Random Read Speed: Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 97,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 10,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Write Speed: Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 88,000 IOPS Random Write *
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 40,000 IOPS Random Write
- Drive Transfer Rate: 600 MBps (external)
- Internal Data Rate: 540 MBps (read) / 520 MBps (write)
- Maximum 4KB Random Write: 88000 IOPS
- Warranty: 5 years warranty