+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
970 PRO Polaris 512GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State DriveThe Samsung SSD 970 PRO is the 3rd generation of Samsung’s Client-PC NVMe SSD. The Samsung 970 PRO is specially designed for tech enthusiasts, hardcore gamers and professionals whose workloads are intensive on PCs and workstations. Featuring the latest Samsung 2bit MLC V-NAND technology and a newly enhanced Phoenix controller, the 970 PRO delivers fearless performance and unprecedented reliability in a small M.2 2280 form factor and offer customers the most advanced Samsung SSD technology currently available for Client PCs.
Delivering unprecedented performance, the 970 PRO maximizes the potential of NVMe bandwidth. With much greater performance than the previous generation, the new 970 PRO offers unparalleled sequential read/write speeds of up to 3,500/2,700 MB/s respectively and random performance of up to 500,000 IOPS for both of read/write operations. The 970 PRO is the best solution for processing massive amounts of data, 4K graphic work, 4K/DirectX 12 games and data analytics.
The 970 PRO boasts exceptional endurance with up to 1,200 TBW, which is 50 percent higher than that of the previous model, thanks to the latest Samsung V-NAND technology.* Thermal control solutions enable enhanced performance with reduced heat risk. Dynamic Thermal Guard(DTG) technology proactively prevents overheating, and a heat spreader with an integrated thin copper film dissipates heat more efficiently. A new nickel coating on the Phoenix controller also helps to shed heat faster during heavy workload use in order to ensure the high levels of quality and reliability for which Samsung is known. The 970 PRO comes with a 5-year warranty.
The 970 PRO enables convenient storage expansion across many different devices. The 970 PRO comes in 512GB/1TB capacities in a compact M.2 2280 form factor. In addition, the 970 PRO offers high power efficiency as well as exceptional speed, making it the ideal solution to use with applications ranging from ultra-thin computing to high-performance computing systems.
The 970 PRO provides multiple advanced data encryption features. Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security technology will help keep data safe at all times. The 970 PRO includes an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine to ensure that your personal files remain secure. Being hardware-based, the encryption engine secures your data without the performance degradation that you may experience with software-based encryption. Also, the 970 PRO is compliant with various advanced security management solutions (TCG Opal and Encrypted Drive-IEEE1667).
The 970 PRO comes with Samsung Data Migration and Magician software, which is easy to install and makes management of you SSD simple.* Samsung Data Migration software is easy to use, yet provides a very powerful “Custom Cloning” feature that makes migration effortless even when the amount of source data is greater than the SSD’s capacity. Magician provides personalized firmware checks and additional functionality tailored to the drives of individual users. It even updates the firmware automatically to make sure that the drive’s performance stays up to date.
- NVMe Difference: The Non-Volatile Memory express (NVMe) interface is specifically engineered to overcome constraints of older interfaces by increasing NAND flash storage transfer speeds to approximately 6x faster than SATA.
- 256-bit Encryption: AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine; TCG Opal standard and IEEE® 1667 protocol compliant.
- Nickel-Coated Controller: The controller's newly developed nickel coating significantly reduces overheating.
- Heat Spreader: The copper-based heat spreading label is engineered to quickly dissipate heat, to preserve high performance.
- Dynamic Thermal Guard: Dynamic Thermal Guard proactively manages heat to limit performance drops.
- Power Efficiency: The high power efficiency of the 970 series makes them the ideal solutions for building high-performance computing systems.
- +50% Total Bytes Written: 50% improved TBW rating than previous generation (up to 1,200 terabytes written).
- High Capacity: Choose among capacity sizes of 512GB or 1TB to suit your exact need, in the compact M.2 (2280) form factor.
- Samsung V-NAND: Samsung's latest V-NAND technology stacks 64 layers improving speed, power efficiency, and endurance.
- Samsung DRAM: Leading-edge DRAM delivers high clock speeds, greater density, compact size, and power efficiency.
- Samsung Controller: New Phoenix controller speeds up communication between host system and controller.
- Samsung Firmware: Latest firmware updates enhance performance, stability and compatibility.
- Magician Software: Automatic updates; check drive health and speed; reach your SSD's maximum potential.