SM863a 480GB 2.5" SATA-3 Enterprise Class Solid State Drive (MZ7KM480HMHQ-00005)
- The Samsung's SM863a is an enterprise class drive that is optimized for server and data center environments. The drive is purpose built for write-intensive applications and 24/7 operation.
1 In stock
+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
SM863a 480GB 2.5" SATA-3 Enterprise Class Solid State Drive (MZ7KM480HMHQ-00005)Samsung's SM863a SSDs feature V-NAND technology and are built from Samsung components. They are an ideal storage solution for write-intensive applications such as mail servers, data warehousing and high performance computing, providing high endurance for around the clock operations.
Samsung's V-NAND flash memory helps to overcome the limitations of conventional planar NAND architecture. It stacks 32 cell layers vertically over one another rather than trying to fit itself onto a fixed horizontal space, in order to provide high density and performance with a small footprint.
Built to handle the 24/7 operation and heavier workloads of data center usage, the SM863a delivers an exceptionally high level of sustained performance and consistent low latency over the life of the SSD to meet the demands for increasing data handling.
When combined in RAID configurations with multiple drives, small variations are multiplied and lead to significant effects on performance. The SM863a delivers an exceptional level of performance above 99% in random read, as well as superior performance in random write.
The SM863a is optimized for server and data center environments by offering reinforced endurance, enterprise-grade power-loss protection thanks to tantalum capacitors, low power consumption and a 5-year limited warranty.
Latency and QoS
The SM863 offers extremely low latency and a high level of Quality of Service (QoS), which are both essential for data center and cloud server applications.
Advanced ECC Engine and End-to-End Data Protection
Detect signal discrepancies and proactively remedy them in real time with the Error Correcting Code (ECC) engine.
Protect data integrity from unexpected power loss with Samsung's advanced power-loss protection architecture. Using the electricity from a tantalum capacitor to provide enough time to transfer the cached data in the DRAM to the flash memory, you can be assured no loss of data.
Monitor the computer drives proactively to detect and report various reliability indicators with Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T).
Dynamic Thermal Guard Protection
Safeguard the SSD from overheating by automatically controlling the speed of the CPU relative to its core temperature, by throttling back the performance to prevent thermal shutdown.
- Designed for write-intensive enterprise applications with Samsung's proprietary 2-bit MLC V-NAND.
- Built for sustained performance with strong IOPS consistency.
- Tantalum capacitors for power loss protection.
- Low latency and high quality of service (QoS).
- Capacity: 480GB
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Height: 7 mm
- Interface: SATA III - 6Gb/s
- Host Controller Interface: AHCI
- Controller: Mercury
- Flash Memory Type: 2-bit MLC V-NAND
- Max. Read: 510 MB/s
- Max. Write: 485 MB/s
- Max. Random Read 4K: 95,000 IOPS
- Max. Random Write 4K: 19,000 IOPS
- Latency: 110
- Max. Endurance Rating: 2,628 TBW
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
- Connectivity: 1 x SATA III - 6Gb/s