ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT "Ultimate Edition" 512MB GDDR4 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - R
- 775MHz Core
- 512MB 2250MHz GDDR4 Memory
- 320 Stream Processors
- CrossfireX Ready
- 2yr Warranty with Sapphire/OcUK
- Silent Fanless Heatpipe Cooling Solution
- Supplied Call of Juarez PC-DVD Game!
Product information: ATI Radeon HD 3870 XT "Ultimate Edition" 512MB GDDR4 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - RUnshackle your PC's performance from the coin in your pocket as the SAPPHIRE HD 3870 liberates your inner gamer without compromising your wallet. Hard pressed to find a comparable product on the market for the price, the SAPPHIRE HD 3870 extinguishes all doubt that the Radeon HD 3870 core is a mid-range performing product. With features such as: DirectX® 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1 support, integrated HDMI and HDCP support for Blu-ray™/HD DVD decoding and for the extreme enthusiast, CrossFire X™ support, the SAPPHIRE incarnation of the HD 3870 will own your imagination and accelerate your performance on the virtual battlefield of your desktop! Reinvent the way you engage your gaming experience with every LOAD!
The SAPPHIRE HD 3870 ULTIMATE Edition has 512MB of GDDR4 memory, running at 1125MHz (2.25GHz effective) and has a core clock speed of 775MHz, delivering the same exciting levels of graphics performance as the standard model - but featuring a totally fanless and silent four heatpipe cooler. The SAPPHIRE HD 3870 incorporates the latest ATI Avivo™ HD Technology for enhanced Video display and features a built in UVD (Unified Video decoder) for the hardware accelerated decoding of Blu-ray™ and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, reducing CPU loading to a minimum. The HDMI adaptor delivers true High Definition audio and video output on a single cable for direct connection of an HDMI ready display, making the SAPPHIRE HD 3870 ULTIMATE the perfect silent solution for gamers and video enthusiasts alike. Like other models in the series, the SAPPHIRE HD 3870 ULTIMATE Edition features the new CrossFireX technology, with two high speed connectors on each card allowing for 2, 3 or even 4 graphics cards to be daisy-chained together for enhanced performance when installed in a CrossFireX compliant mainboard. As each card has two dual-link DVI connectors, this allows up to eight monitors to be used at the same time, or - with CrossFire enabled - the raw power of up to four GPU's combined to provide a significantly more powerful rendering solution. All the new SAPPHIRE HD 3800 series combine a unified shader architecture with support for Shader Model 4.1 and the DirectX 10.1 connected via the latest PCI-Express Gen 2.0 interface. The architecture shares the 320 stream processors and 512-bit internal ring bus memory controller of all the current high end models together with multiple rendering units and a programmable tessellation unit to deliver outstanding graphics performance.
Now manufactured in a new 55nm process technology, the GPU in the HD 3800 series delivers this performance with lower power consumption and at lower cost than previous generations. A new feature known as ATI PowerPlay actively reduces power consumption depending on loading. SAPPHIRE HD 3000 series graphics cards are Microsoft Windows Vista™ Premium certified and supported by the ATI Catalyst® suite of software, ensuring customers have ongoing access to software updates for performance, stability and added features. Support for DirectX10.1 provides developers with access to enhanced programming techniques and new lighting effects.
- ATI Radeon HD 3870 GPU @ 775MHz
- 512MB GDDR4 Memory @ 2250MHz
- Fanless Heatpipe Heatsink Cooling Solution
- 320 stream processing units
- 666 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
- PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
- 256-bit GDDR4 memory interface
- Fully distributed design with 512-bit internal ring bus for memory reads and writes
- Hardware processed 1080p video playback of Blu-ray™ and HD DVDs
- Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing (CFAA) for improved quality
- ATI CrossFireX™ Multi-GPU Technology
- HDMI with 5.1 surround sound audio
- ATI PowerPlay™
- ATI Avivo™ HD Video and Display Platform
- Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
- Shader Model 4.1
- 450Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended.
- For ATI CrossfireX: 550 watt power supply or greater with two 6-pin connectors.