Product information: Mugen SCMGD-1000 MAX CPU Cooler - 140mmFor enthusiasts and Mugen fans alike, Scythe is "setting free" the Mugen MAX. Another contender for the "XL" CPU tower cooler market, the Mugen MAX is a real eye-catcher. For performance, a GlideStream 140mm PWM fan takes care of blowing out the warm air through the T-M.A.P.S. (Three-dimensional Multiple Airflow Pass-through Structure) which you might recognise from Scythe's flagship, the Mugen 4. For easy installation, the mounting system also is borrowed from its smaller brother! Nickel-plated heatpipes add a classy touch to this impressive cooler.
T-M.A.P.S. (Three-dimensional Multiple Airflow Pass-through Structure)
The huge heatsink with increased spacing of the heat fins to 2.6 mm, the Mugen MAX offers reduced windage and optimised performance in the lower speed range of the supplied 140mm PWM fan.
The mounting system already seen in the Mugen 4 can be found again here - the proven H.P.M.S (Hyper Precision Mounting System) makes easy mounting possible - requiring fewer work steps on the way. This brilliant concept allows the Mugen MAX to be fitted without having to demount the motherboard.
The asymmetrical assembly of the base plate provides comfortable clearance to the memory banks on the main board.
Installing memory modules fitted with extremely high heatsinks (and replacing them) is usually possible* without having to remove either the fan or the heatsink.
*(Depending on the layout, this may not be applicable to all eight memory banks for LGA 2011 mainboards)
Multi Fan Mount Structure
Inheriting the concept of the Mugen 4, the design of the MAX also allows variable fan placement to optimise a targeted airflow. To furthermore enhance cooling performance, a second fan can be mounted with the supplied pair of fan clips.
140 mm GildeStream Fan
Accompanying the Mugen MAX is a fan from the popular GlideStream family, known for impressive results from other Scythe products. Compared to a 120 mm fan, the higher efficiency at identical speed results in similar air discharge whilst creating much less noise
- Greater performance and easier installation
- Supplied with a GlideStream 140mm PWM fan
- Total of six U-shaped heatpipes
- Features TMAPS for better airflow and performance
- Extremely quiet, from only 13.0 dBA
- Dimensions (without fan): 145 x 161 x 86 mm (W x H x D)
- Dimensions (with fan): 145 x 161 x 109 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight (without fan): about 687 g
- Weight (with fan): about 837 g
- Material: vernickletes Copper (base plate, heat pipes), aluminum (fins)
- Heatpipes: 6x Ø 6 mm
- Fan: 1x 140 mm Glide Stream PWM (pair of brackets for an optional 2nd fan included)
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- speed: 500 - 1300 r / min
- Volume: 13 to 30.7 dB (A)
- Air flow: 63.5 - 165 m³ / h
- Static pressure: 0.15 to 1.02 mm H2O
- Compatibility: Intel socket 775, 1155, 1156, 1150, 2011 & AMD Socket: AM2, AM2 +, AM3, AM3 +, FM1, FM2, FM2 +
More links for "Mugen SCMGD-1000 MAX CPU Cooler - 140mm"
|CPU Socket||1150, 1151, 1155, 2011, 2011-V3, AM3+, FM2+, AM2+, 2066|
|CPU Cooler type||Single Tower|
|Fan connector||4Pin (PWM control)|
|CPU Cooler width||140 up to 149 mm|
|CPU Cooler height||160 up to 169 mm|
|CPU Cooler depth||100 up to 109 mm|
|CPU Cooler width (exact)||145 mm|
|CPU Cooler height (exact)||161 mm|
|CPU Cooler depth (exact)||109 mm|
|Bottom plate material||Nickel plated Copper|
|Heatsink (fin) material||Aluminium|
|Weight in grams||800 - 900 g|
|Max rpm||1000 - 1500 U/min|
|Max volume||30 - 35 dB(A)|
|Max flow rate||150 - 175 m³/h|
|Min rpm||500 - 750 U/min|
|Min volume||10 - 15 dB(A)|
|Min flow rate||50 - 75 m³/h|
|Number of heatpipes||6|
|Diameter of heatpipes||6 mm|
|CPU Cooler fan supplied||1x 140 mm|
|Additional fans can be installed||yes|