+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Exos 10TB X-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512E Hard Drive (ST10000NM0016)The Seagate® Exos™ X10 hard drive is a secure, high-capacity, high-performance enterprise hard drive optimised for demanding hyperscale applications for maximum TCO savings.
Best Fit Applications:
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres
- Massive scale-out data centres
- OLTP and HPC applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
Maximum Storage Capacity for High Rack Space Efficiency
The Exos X10 enterprise hard drives support up to 10 TB per drive, providing 25% more petabytes per rack.
High storage densities allow the latest technology and greatest efficiencies to help catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Industry's Highest Performance Combined With the Lowest Power and Weight for Lower TCO
Exos X10 drives offer the industry's highest 10 TB hard drive performance with advanced write caching, making it perfect for OLTP, Hadoop, Ceph and HPC applications. The hyperscale SATA model is tuned for large data transfers and offers a 20% boost in random write performance. Experience the industry's best in IOPS/watt by optimising your storage with Seagate's PowerBalance™ feature.
Innovative Helium Design
The proven, enterprise-class Exos X10 is backed by a 2.5 M-hour MTBF. Built on a wrought aluminium base, the helium-sealed drive design with no porosity and uniform density is engineered with superior material and a wide-weld design, and utilises the latest hermetic interconnect technology to support higher data rate heads and higher pin counts to excel in extreme thermal conditions in a robust storage infrastructure. These Seagate X class hard drives provide digital environmental sensors that measure internal humidity, pressure and
temperature, to help ensure high reliability and performance.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
The Exos X10 hard drives offer advanced security features that help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Advanced security levels to prevent unauthorised access to a drive and safeguard stored data include Seagate Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant SelfEncrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistant hard drive.
Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest, and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
- Helium Sealed-Drive Design With Wide Weld
- Digital Environmental Sensors
- PowerChoice™/PowerBalance™ Technology
- Low Halogen/Hot-Plug Support
- 256 Cache, Multi-segmented (MB)
- Organic Solderability Preservative
- Interface Options (with NCQ): SATA 6Gb/s
- SATA Transfer Rates Supported (Gb/s) :6.0/3.0/1.5
- Max Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s): 249
- Cache, Multisegmented (MB): 256
- Random Read/Write 4K QD16 WCD (IOPS): 170, 138
- Average Latency (ms): 4.16
- Interface Ports: Single
- Rotational Vibration @ 1,500 Hz (rad/s): 12.5
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours): 2.5 Million
- Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR) : 0.35%
- Power-On Hours: 8760
- 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Sector) : 512
- 4Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Sector): 4096
More links for "Exos 10TB X-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512E Hard Drive (ST10000NM0016)"