+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Exos 12TB X-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512E Hard Drive (ST12000NM0007)Seagate manufactures hard drives that specifically address the needs of the hyperscale storage market. As the flagship of the Seagate® X class, the Exos™ X12 enterprise hard drive is the highest-capacity hard drive in the fleet.
Best Fit Applications:
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres
- Massive scale-out data centres
- OLTP and HPC applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
Scales to Meet Your Growing Capacity Needs
Seagate Exos X12 enterprise hard drives offer the highest rack space efficiency — up to 10 PB of data in a single 42U rack. Enhanced caching makes it perfect for Big Data applications, providing the fastest hard drive data transfers in the datasphere. Hyperscale SATA models are tuned for large data transfers, providing low latency. You can easily customise your bulk storage requirements with innovative technology advancements
(PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild). Exos X12 drives help provide low data centre TCO, and are architected to offer low power and weight. Simplified infrastructure management is possible with FastFormat™ advanced format feature (4Kn and 512e). Advanced Write Caching helps ensure rapid response rates with a 20% boost in randomwrite performance.
Innovative Helium Design
The Exos X12 hard drive is built on a rock-solid sealed-drive design. A wrought-aluminium base and a helium sealed-drive design with no porosity and uniform density are designed with superior material and wide-weld design for a more robust, hermetically sealed-drive enclosure. Exos X12 hard drives incorporate digital environmental sensors for measuring pressure in the drive, helping to ensure high reliability, performance and quality.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Seagate is the industry leader in data-at-rest protection with the broadest offering of technologies to help ensure reliable, trusted products. Seagate Secure™ models provide hardware-based security to help protect data-at-rest. With Instant Secure Erase, drive retirement is safe, affordable, fast and easy. Seagate Secure models meet the NIST 800-88 media sanitisation specification and support the Trusted Computer Group (TCG) standard.
The X class Exos X12 hard drive is a proven, enterprise-class hard drive with maximum reliability backed by a 2.5 million hour MTBF.
- Helium Sealed-Drive Design With Wide Weld
- Digital Sensors for Helium Pressure
- PowerChoice™/PowerBalance™ Technology
- Seagate RAID Rebuild
- Low Halogen/Hot-Plug Support
- 256 Cache, Multi-segmented (MB)
- Organic Solderability Preservative
- Secure Download and Diagnostics (SD&D) RSA 2048 signed firmware
- Interface Options (with NCQ): SATA 6Gb/s
- SATA Transfer Rates Supported (Gb/s) :6.0/3.0
- Max Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s): 249 up to 261
- Cache, Multisegmented (MB): 256
- Random Read/Write 4K QD16 WCD (IOPS): 170, 400
- Interface Ports: Single
- Rotation Vibration @ 20-1500 Hz (rad/sec): 12.5
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours): 2.5 Million
- Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR) : 0.35%
- Power-On Hours: 8760
- 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Sector) : 512
More links for "Exos 12TB X-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512E Hard Drive (ST12000NM0007)"