+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Exos 1TB E-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512N Hard Drive (ST1000NM0008)The Seagate® Exos™ 7E2 enterprise hard drives with 1 TB and 2 TB capacities are specifically designed to address the needs of storing unstructured data cost-effectively. The traditional 512-native format with a 6 Gb/s SATA interface ensures easy integration into legacy storage servers and systems.
Best Fit Applications:
- Legacy mainstream applications requiring 512n block size
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres with replicated storage
- Scale-out data centres and Big Data analytics
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
Reliable Data Center-Grade Hard Drive Within Reach
The Exos 7E2 hard drives support up to 2 TB per drive, offering economical storage for traditional 512-native infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E2 provides the most cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications. Built on field-proven 9th generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rocksolid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
The Exos 7E2 hard drives are proven, enterprise-class hard drives with enterprise-grade reliability backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating. With state-of-the-art cache, on the fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E2 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
Consistent, High Performance and Compatibility for Legacy Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements with the most efficient and cost-effective SATA 6 Gb/s drive in a 3.5-inch data centre footprint. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild, you can tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
The Exos 7E2 series delivers firmware security features to help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E2 hard drives safeguard firmware with authentic Secure Downloads & Diagnostics.
- Low Halogen
- PowerChoice™ Technology
- Seagate RAID Rebuild ® Technology
- SD&D Firmware Security
- 128mb Cache
- Interface Options (with NCQ): SATA 6Gb/s
- SATA Transfer Rates Supported (Gb/s) :6.0, 3.0, 1.5
- Max Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s): 194
- Cache, Multisegmented (MB): 128
- Interface Ports: Single
- Rotation Vibration @ 1500 Hz (rad/sec): 12.5
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours): 2 Million
- Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR) : 0.44%
- Power-On Hours: 8760
- 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Sector) : 512
More links for "Exos 1TB E-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512N Hard Drive (ST1000NM0008)"