+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Exos 6TB E-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512E Hard Drive (ST6000NM0115)The Seagate® Exos™ 7E8 enterprise hard drive confidently stores up to 8 TB of data without sacrificing performance. The secure, highcapacity, high-performance drives are optimised for demanding enterprise bulk data applications.
Best fit applications:
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres
- Massive scale-out data centres
- OLTP and HPC applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550 TB per year — 10× that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-thefly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interface options. With userdefinable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate
RAID Rebuild ® , you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Advanced security features help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E8 prevents unauthorised drive access and safeguards stored data with security features that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistant hard drive.
Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
- Humidity Sensor
- Low Halogen
- PowerChoice™ Technology
- PowerBalance™ Technology
- Advanced Write Caching (Internal NOR flash)
- 256mb Cache
- Interface Options (with NCQ): SATA 6Gb/s
- SATA Transfer Rates Supported (Gb/s) :6.0, 3.0, 1.5
- Max Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s): 226
- Cache, Multisegmented (MB): 256
- Interface Ports: Single
- Rotation Vibration @ 1500 Hz (rad/sec): 12.5
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours): 2 Million
- Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR) : 0.44%
- Power-On Hours: 8760
- 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Sector) : 512
More links for "Exos 6TB E-Class Enterprise SATA 3.5" 512E Hard Drive (ST6000NM0115)"