+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
2-Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller CardThe PEXMSATA3422 PCI Express SATA Card helps you improve the overall speed and storage capacity of your computer by giving you multiple 6 Gbps SATA connections for connecting high-performance SSDs (Solid State Drives) and hard drives in a HyperDuo array. Now, you can easily add two mSATA slots and two SATA III ports to your computer through a single PCIe x4 slot.
Featuring HyperDuo technology, the SATA card offers SSD auto-tiering which lets you balance the performance advantages of SSD storage with the cost-effectiveness and large capacity of standard hard drives. By combining SSD and HDD drives into a single volume (up to 3 SSD + 1 HDD), HyperDuo discreetly works in the background to identify and move frequently accessed files to the faster SSD drive(s) for improved data throughput - up to 80% of SSD performance! (Note: The HyperDuo automatic storage tiering feature is compatible with computers that use a BIOS.)
This versatile RAID controller card helps to relieve the internal space constraints often associated with multi-drive configurations by letting you install two mSATA SSDs directly to the card via convenient, latching slots. With dual mSATA slots, as well as two internal SATA ports, the card offers an effective hardware RAID solution, with native RAID (0, 1) support.
The PCIe SATA controller also offers Port Multiplier (PM) support, so you can connect multiple SATA drives to just one port, for a total of 7 drives (up to 4 drives through PM on one port, plus a single drive to the other SATA port and two mSATA slots).
For added versatility, the controller card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
- Use SSD tiering to optimize your system for I/O intensive applications such as office suites, photo/video editing and media players.
- Install 2 internal SSDs directly to the card, for a simple and discreet solution that improves overall system performance.
- Upgrade an older PCIe-based system to SATA 6Gbps capability, to better utilize faster SATA drives.
- Add more internal SATA ports to your computer, for connecting additional storage drives and/or optical drives.
- Provide optimized off-site back-ups/vaulting, through built-in RAID 1 capability.
- Perfect for multi-drive internal RAID storage solutions.
- Increase your storage capacity and connect up to 7 hard drives through Port Multiplier
- Bus Type: PCI Express
- Card Type: Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)
- Chipset ID: Marvell - 88SE9230
- Industry Standards: Serial ATA 3.0 specification
- PCI Express: 2.0
- Interface: Mini SATA, SATA
- Port Style: Integrated on Card
- Ports: 2
- ATAPI Support: Yes
- Bootable: Yes
- LBA support: 48-bit
- Max Drive Capacity: Currently tested up to 4TB per drive
- Number of Drives Supported Through Port Multiplier: 1 to 4
- Number of Ports That Support Port Multiplier: 2 (can only use 1 PM at a time)
- Port Multiplier: Yes
- RAID: Yes
- Type and Rate: SATA III (6 Gbps)
- Supported RAID Modes:
JBOD - (Just a Bunch of Disks)
RAID 1 (Mirrored Disks)
RAID 0 (Striped Disks)
- Connector Type(s): 1 - PCI Express x4 Male
- Internal Ports: 2 - mSATA (52 pin, Mini SATA) Slot Receptacle, 2 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug
- Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server® 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
- Mac OS® 10.6 to 10.14
- Linux 3.5.x to 4.11.x LTS versions only
Note: Connected drives cannot be used as System / Primary drive in Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016