+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Micro USB to RS232 DB9 Serial Adapter Cable for Android™ with USB Charging - M/M (ICUSBANDR
Add an RS232 serial port to your Android smartphone or tablet device through Micro USB with USB charging capabilities
- Powers and charges the connected Android device, USB-powered via PC USB port, USB wall charger, or USB mobile battery pack
- OTG (On-The-Go) support not required by the connected mobile device
- Single cable, small footprint design for portability
- USB to Straight-Through RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter for Android
- Supports baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps
- Compatible with Android OS Version 3.2 Honeycomb or later
- Integrated FTDI USB UART Chip
- Compatible with USB 1.1 or higher ports
The ICUSBANDR232 Micro USB to Serial Adapter Cable for Android™ converts the micro USB port on your Android mobile device into an RS232 DB9 connection, letting you control a serial device from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet.
Plus, you can keep your Android mobile device charged even when using the adapter to control or configure a serial device. The adapter cable features an integrated USB power cable that connects to a computer USB port, USB wall charger or portable USB battery pack to power the adapter.
Designed for mobility and integration into mixed environments, this portable and lightweight single cable solution is compatible with nearly all Android OS version 3.2 Honeycomb or later devices including the Samsung Galaxy Note®, Galaxy® S5, S4, S3, or S2, Google Nexus 7™, 5, or 4, and Motorola or HTC mobile devices. The versatile adapter will even work with devices that don’t support USB On-The-Go (OTG)!
This Micro USB to serial adapter features an integrated FTDI USB UART Chip supporting baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps, provides serial configuration via a downloadable FTDI AOA (Android Open Accessory) HyperTerm Application, and offers standard CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR, XOFF/XON flow control.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Control an RS-232 device through the convenience of an Android-based smartphone or tablet with no OTG function required
- Simultaneously charge and power your Android device via USB-Power
- Deploy in a variety of environments, with a portable and lightweight single cable solution designed for mobile users