Product information: ST-FC8B Alpha HTPC Mini-ITX Aluminium Chassis - BlackThe FC8 Alpha is more than just the next iteration of the FC8 product line, its a massive redesign which subtly redefines its form and function.
The heatsink has been re-tooled to be sleeker, easier to clean, more balanced and ready for future heatpipe configurations. The top panel is now a single piece extrusion, making is virtually unbreakable, and the venting holes have been removed and replaced with a stealth side vent which reduces internal dust and improves convection airflow.
The drive tray has been totally re-design making it easier to install yet more versatile than ever, and now supports 2 x 3.5" (up from just 1) whilst still having room for an optical drive and 2.5" drive. If you prefer the non-optical version, there is room for an additional 2.5" drive, taking the full capacity up to 5 x 2.5" or 2 x 2.5" + 2 x 3.5" drives*. The tray also features variable drive position and orientation mounting, so you can optimally position your drives.
As with all Alpha cases, USB3.0 is native, the power LED is now a subtle pure white, the heatpipes and mounts have been uprated, and it is available with and without an optical drive opening.
The FC8 Alpha, once again sets the benchmark for small, sleek, powerful and silent computing.
Specifications- Chassis Material: Premium Grade (6063) All Aluminium, 4mm Thick Extruded Panels
- Colour: Black – Sandblast Finish
- Motherboard Support: Mini-ITX
- Drive Capacity: 2 x 2.5" + 2 x 3.5" or 5 x 2.5" or 3 x 2.5" + 1 x 3.5"*
- Front Ports: 2 x USB3.0, 19/20 PIN
- Expansion Slot: 1 x Low Profile Expansion Card
- Cooling: Heatpipe Direct Touch 4 Pipes – Recommended CPU TDP 65W, Max TDP 95W**
- Dimension: 240 x 250 x 100mm (W x D x H)
- Power Supply: Nano Series PSU (Not Included)
- Remote Control: FLirc or IRRC Solution (Not Included)
- Net Weight: 2.7KG
More links for "ST-FC8B Alpha HTPC Mini-ITX Aluminium Chassis - Black"
|Case type||HTPC Case|
|Width||200 - 300 mm|
|Height||100 - 200 mm|
|Depth||200 - 300 mm|
|Weight||2 - 4 kg|
|Internal 2.5" bays||5x|
|Internal 3.5" bays||2x|
|Front LCD/TFT display||no|
|Power supply format||External|
|Power supply position||External|