+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Diskstation DS1817+ (8G) 8 Bay Network Attached Storage - Populated** THIS PRODUCT IS BUILT TO ORDER AND CAN TAKE 3-4 DAYS TO COMPLETE **
Centralized storage solution with outstanding performance
Synology DiskStation DS1817+ is a 8-bay NAS powered by a quad-core CPU with AES-NI hardware encryption engine. Coming with quad 1GbE LAN ports, it can be installed with a 10GbE network interface card (NIC) or a dual M.2 SSD adapter card, thereby enhancing network speeds or boosting performance with SSD cache.
Supercharge your storage with speedy performance?
Equipped with dual-channel memory and a PCIe slot, DS1817+ supports installing the dual M.2 SSD adapter card, M2D17, or the 10GbE NIC, for high-IOPS system cache and ultra-fast data transmission respectively.
M2D17 - Dual M.2 Sata SSD slot, compatible with 2280/2260/2242 form factors
10GbE - 10GbE network capacity for bandwidth intensive enviroments
RAM - Dual-channel memory that boosts performance by 20%
Note: M2D17 and 10GbE Network adapter card need to be purchased separately.
Engineered for reliability, backed by Synology
DS1817+ is designed to reliably store your data and is backed by Synology’s three-year hardware warranty. An optional two-year extended warranty is available in select regions for up to five years of coverage.
Next-generation file system for effective data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces the most advanced storage technologies to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead with optimized snapshots. It ensures high-level data integrity, while taking advantage of flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File- or folder-level data restoration accelerates data recovery and provides flexibility
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Ultimate file management and sharing
The web-based File Station is a user-friendly management tool built to allow intuitive, drag-and-drop operation without any complex setup required on your Mac or PC. The advanced search and filtering tools enable easy organization and sharing that entails just a link. Compatible with SMB, FTP, AFP, NFS, and WebDAV, File Station suits all environments.
Real-time collaboration on your private cloud
Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
Fully certified storage virtualization solutions
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
- Surveillance Station: Complete home surveillance solution for recording and monitoring.
- Desktop Backup: Simplified backup solution for your Mac, PC, and mobile devices
- Hyper Backup: Block-level incremental data backup in multiple versions and cross-version deduplication.
- DSM UI: Award-winning operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
- Security: Comprehensive built-in security utilities constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
- All-in-one server: A server that saves you additional investment by integrating various networks, web/mail services, plus management applications into your business system.
- CPU Model: Intel Atom C2538
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Quad Core 2.4 GHz
- System Memory: 8GB DDR3
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 8GB (2 x 4GB)
- Total Memory Slots: 2
- Memory Expandable up to: 16 GB (8 GB x 2)
- Drive Bays: 8
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 18
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- USB 3.0 Port: 4
- eSATA Port: 2
- PCIe Expansion: 1 x Gen2 x8 slot (x4 link)
- Add-in-card support:
M2D17 - Dual M.2 SSD adapter card for SSD cache
PCIe Network Interface Card
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 166 mm x 343 mm x 243 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
Full Specification can be located here: https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/DS1817+#spec