+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
Diskstation DS418play Bay Network Attached StorageMassive storage capacity with 4K Ultra HD capability
Synology DS418play is designed to be your ideal, centralized multimedia hub with over 40TB of raw storage capacity, allowing you to transcode up to 2 channels of H.265/H.264 4K videos at the same time. With a powerful built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine, DS418play also provides excellent encrypted file transmission.
4K Multimedia Server
Access and stream your 4K media content anytime and anywhere. DS418play supports 4K H.264/H.265 online transcoding via Video Station and DS video, allowing 4K videos to be converted and played on the fly on other computers, smartphones, and media players that originally do not support Ultra HD formats.
Next-generation file system for better data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File- or folder-level data restoration accelerates data recovery, providing more flexibility for businesses
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) technology
Storage management is easy with Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) technology. SHR is an automated RAID management system allowing you to easily create and expand storage volumes and migrate RAID types without requiring details on RAID. SHR provides 1 to 2-disk redundancy to safeguard your data during drive failures.
SHR maximizes the data capacity of your RAID when different sizes of HDDs are used. Calculate your RAID needs.
- Easy Management
For novice users who have no technical background and still want to protect their data using RAID technology, a convenient installation wizard will guide you through all the steps during your first installation.
You can add new disks on the fly in Storage Manager with a simple click. Learn more about SHR.
While creating a volume, you can plan ahead and leave empty and unallocated space for future usage.
Easy file access with QuickConnect
Access files on your Synology NAS over the Internet without the hassle of setting up port forwarding rules, DDNS, or other complicated network settings. QuickConnect allows you to connect via a simple customizable address (e.g. https://customID.quickconnect.to), so that you can instantly access media and work files on any Windows/Mac/Linux computer, laptop, or mobile device without additional charge.
- CPU Model: Intel Celeron J3355
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Dual Core 2.0 burst up to 2.5 GHz
- Hardware Transcoding Engine: 10-bit H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2, VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30
- System Memory: 2 GB DDR3L
- Drive Bays: 4
- Compatible Drive Type:
3.5" SATA HDD
2.5" SATA HDD
2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 40 TB (10 TB drive x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 108 TB
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- USB 3.0 Port: 2
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 166 mm x 199 mm x 223 mm
- Weight: 2.28 kg
- Raid Support:
Synology Hybrid RAID