Product information: DS716+ 2 Bay Desktop Enclosure (DS716+)Compact Storage Server with Outstanding Performance
The grant-new Synology DiskStation DS716+ is designed for small offices pursuing a compact yet powerful shared storage solution, featuring an Intel® Celeron® quad-core CPU, built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine, 2GB DDR3 RAM, and storage scalability up to 7 drives with Synology Expansion Unit DX513. With Link Aggregation enabled, DS716+ delivers up to an average 223.47 MB/s reading and 137.19 MB/s writing speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows ® environment, and an encrypted data transmission at over
218.58 MB/s reading and 141.21 MB/s writing.
DS716+ comes with 3 USB 3.0 ports both on the front and rear panel, providing fast and
convenient data transfer and backup to external storage devices. Dual Gigabit LAN with
failover support and hot-swappable drive tray design ensure continual service uptime during
drive replacement or unexpected LAN failure. High Availability Manager ensures seamless
transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to
applications to decrease the risk of unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS716+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
-Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and
meta-data checksums and improve overall stability.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on
all user accounts and shared folders.
-Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 64
copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying
huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users
who wish to restore only the specific single file or folder.
- Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when
compared with Ext4 file system.
Comprehensive Business Applications
- Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS716+ comes fullyequipped
with business applications and features:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows® AD
and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege
settings, allowing DS716+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Complete backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files
and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
With iSCSI support in DSM, DS716+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization
environments, including VMware®, Citrix®, and Hyper-V®. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI
integration, DS716+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation
power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. It is the ideal
alternative to SAN solution for businesses. Affordable and cost-effective, iSCSI allows SMB
users to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the
illusion of locally-attached disks.
- CPU: Intel Celeron N3150 quad-core 1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.08GHz
- Floating point unit: Yes
- Hardware encryption engine: Yes (AES-NI)
- Hardware transcoding engine: Supported codec: H.264 (AVC), MPEG-4 Part 2 (XVID, DIVX5), MPEG-2, and VC-1, Maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160 or 3840 x 2160), Maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30
- RAM Size: DDR3 2GB
- Compatible drive type: 3.5”/2.5” SATA III/II x 2 (Hard drives not included.)
- Maximum internal raw capacity: 16TB (8TB HDD x 2) (The actual capacity will differ according to volume types.)
- External ports: USB 3.0 port x 3, eSATA port x 1
- LAN: Gigabit (RJ-45) x 2
- Wireless support: Yes (wireless dongles not included)
- Wake on LAN/WAN: Yes
- Scheduled power on/off: Yes
- AC input power voltage: 100v to 240v
- Power frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Size (HxWxD): 157 mm x 103.5 mm x 232 mm
- Weight: 1.75kg