Product information: DS716+II 2 Bay Desktop NAS Enclosure Populated** THIS PRODUCT IS BUILT TO ORDER AND CAN TAKE 3-4 DAYS TO COMPLETE **
Fulfill your needs for safe data storage and ultra high definition video sharing with Synology DiskStation DS716+II. Compact yet powerful, DS716+II features an Intel® quad-core CPU with AES-NI hardware encryption engine and 2GB RAM, providing outstanding performance and data encryption acceleration along with real-time transcoding of 4K Ultra HD source content. Synology DiskStation DS716+II is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
- Quad-core CPU with AES-NI hardware encryption engine
- Encryption performance at over 226.09 MB/s reading, 138.04 MB/s writing
- Scale up to 7 drives with Synology DX5132
- Advanced snapshot technology for data protection
- Introduced Btrfs file system with built-in data integrity check
- Single H.264 4K or triple Full HD video transcoding on the fly3
- Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support
- A versatile storage server for small offices
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS716+II introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses.
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improve overall stability.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupyinghuge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific single file or folder.
- Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when
compared with the Ext4 file system.
High-speed data transfer and hardware encryption engine
Equipped with a quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine, DS716+II delivers blazingly fast file transfer speeds — even when handling encrypted data. With Link Aggregation enabled, DS716+II delivers average reading and writing speeds of 226.1 MB/s and 141.19 MB/s respectively, while encrypted file transfers retain an astoundingly similar level of performance, exceeding 226.09 MB/s reading and 138.04 MB/s writing. That means you can safeguard data without sacrificing performance.
Dual LAN ports for failover and Link Aggregation support
Equipped with two Ethernet ports featuring failover and Link Aggregation support, DS716+II ensures continual network uptime even if LAN connection malfunction occurs on one port, reducing the chance of service disruption and costly downtime. Link Aggregation improves connection speeds beyond the limits of a single network cable or port.
Easy installation, hassle-free maintenance
Easy installation and hot-swappable hard drive support ensures easy maintenance and continuous service uptime should a hard drive need replacement. In addition, DS716+II incorporates a passive cooling design to reduce dependency on the dedicated processor cooling fan, thus mitigating any critical point of failure.
4K Ultra HD video transcoding
Powered by a hardware-accelerated transcoding engine, DS716+II allows you to transcode and stream H.264 4K / 1080p videos to high-definition TV, digital media players, mobile handsets, and computers in the required format, making it easy to watch videos without having to install a 3rd party player. 4K transcoding is available only through Synology’s Video Station, DS video, Media Server.
Seamless storage solution for virtualization environments
DS716+II provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere® 5 & VAAI integration, DS716+II helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power in VMware environments. Windows ODX support speeds up data manipulation as the data transfer is offloaded. iSCSI also lets SMB users consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
Fit into business environments easily
With the support of Windows AD, LDAP, and Domain Trust, DS716+II enables seamless account integration. The User Home feature can automatically create a "home" folder for every user account to minimize the administrator's effort in repeatedly creating "home" folders for all accounts. Windows ACL support on DS716+II allows IT administrators to fine tune access controls and set up privileges to files and folders on DS716+II through the familiar Windows user interface. With compatibility for major protocols, DS716+II can eliminate server configuration overhead and enhance IT administrators’ efficiency.
Optimize storage management
With Synology's Storage Manager, DS716+II allows for flexible storage deployment and utilization. You can optimize RAID configuration with Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) while providing redundant data protection. Other features such as multiple volumes on single RAID and Global Hot Spare also greatly enhance management efficiency and fit deployment of any kind.
- CPU Model: Intel Celeron N3160
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Quad Core 1.6 burst up to 2.24 GHz
- Hardware Transcoding Engine: H.264 (AVC), MPEG-2 and VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30
- System Memory: 2 GB DDR3
- Drive Bay(s): 2
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 7
- Compatible Drive Type: 3.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD, 2.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD, 2.5" SATA III / SATA II SSD
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 108TB
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 16 TB (8 TB HDD x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- USB 3.0 Port: 3
- eSATA Port: 1
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 2
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 157 mm x 103.5 mm x 232 mm
- Weight: 1.75 kg
Storage Management Specification:
- Maximum Internal Volume Number: 512
- Maximum iSCSI Target Number: 32
- Supported RAID Type:
-- Synology Hybrid RAID
-- RAID 0
-- RAID 1
-- RAID 5 (with Expansion Unit)
-- RAID 6 (with Expansion Unit)
-- RAID 10 (with Expansion Unit)
- RAID Migration:
-- Basic to RAID 1
-- Basic to RAID 5 (with Expansion Unit)
-- RAID 1 to RAID 5 (with Expansion Unit)
-- RAID 5 to RAID 6 (with Expansion Unit)