+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
FlashStation FS3017 Network Attached Storage for BusinessElevate your business to the next level
Enterprises are now challenged to handle I/O-intensive and latency sensitive applications, whether it’s managing large raw files, virtual machines or databases, FS3017 is an easy to maintain, affordable, yet powerful all-flash NAS solution for businesses.
Due to vendor lock-in, all-flash storage is notoriously expensive, but FS3017 accepts both high-end SAS SSD and the more mainstream SATA SSD. Raw capacity of FS3017 reaches 90TB.
No more bottlenecks
High-latency and low random IOPS is the bane of a regular storage array. Dealing with an unresponsive infrastructure is both costly and frustrating. FS3017 delivers a massive iSCSI 200,000 4K random write IOPS, thanks to its dual 6-core Xeon processor and 64GB of DDR4 ECC memory with NUMA integration. Upgrade the RAM up to 512GB for even more powerful performance.
When building RAID arrays with SSDs, it’s very common for the disks to all wear out at the same time, due to the evenly distributed workload. With RAID F1, one system-assigned SSD takes the heat for the rest, handling the most write-intensive operations, and is worn out before the other SSDs. This process allows the users time to switch out the single dead disk, instead of risking multiple SSD failures at once.
FS3017 is equipped with two 10GBase-T ports. If you need more horsepower, FS3017 also has two PCIe slots available for adding more Ethernet controllers. Choose between 10GbE, 25GbE, and 40GbE to unlock FS3017’s full potential. In addition, you can leverage iSCSI over RDMA technology to enhance iSCSI performance by up to 80% with an optional purchase of supported NIC on FS3017.
Data Protection & Disaster Recovery
The built-in Snapshot Replication application reproduces 65,000 backup copies to offsite servers, bringing near-instantaneous data protection and ensuring data in shared folders or virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs remain available in the event of disaster.
Supports VMware vSphere, Windows Server, Citrix XenServer, and OpenStack Cinder
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports all major virtualization solutions, from VMware, Windows, Citrix, to OpenStack Cinder. Simplify your recovery process with VMware Site Recovery Manager, and initiate disaster recoveries directly via VMware vCenter Server.
5 year warranty
Synology FS3017 is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty. With technical support and hardware replacement service, the 5-year warranty maximizes your enterprises' return on investment. For the entire duration, you will enjoy technical support via email and telephone.
Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
The Synology Replacement Service (SRS)* provides free shipment of replacement units as early as the next business day. SRS can expedite the process of replacing defective products and minimize service downtime.
Ensuring business continuity & reliability
Uninterrupted availability is a critical goal for all businesses. FS3017 offers Synology High Availability (SHA) technology which combines an active and passive server into one cluster, the former always mirrored to the latter. Shared Folder Sync can replicate data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location, giving your business the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) for prompt disaster recovery. With multiple LAN ports, FS3017 also ensures redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure.
- CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620 six-core 2.4GHz
- Hardware encryption engine: Yes (AES-NI)
- Memory: 64 GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 512 GB
- Compatible drive type: 24 x 2.5" SAS SSD / HDD or SATA SSD
- External ports: 2 x USB 3.0
- Size (HxWxD): 88 x 430.5 x 692 mm, 88 x 482 x 724 mm (with server ears)
- Weight: 17.13 kg
- LAN: 2 x 10GbE (RJ45)
- PCIe 3.0 slot: x16 slot x 1 (16-lane), x8 slot x 1 (8-lane), 10GbE / 25GbE / 40GbE network interface cards support
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F - 95°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% RH
Networking protocol: CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™ , L2TP)
- File system: Internal: Btrfs, ext4
- External: Btrfs, ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT3
- Storage management: Maximum single volume size: 108TB, 200TB (RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only); Maximum internal volumes: 1024; Maximum iSCSI Targets: 128;
- Maximum iSCSI LUNs: 512; iSCSI LUN clone / snapshot support
- Supported RAID type: Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1
- File sharing capability: Maximum user account: 16000; Maximum user group: 512; Maximum shared folder: 512;
- Maximum concurrent CIFS / AFP / FTP connections: 13000
- Privilege: Windows Access Control List (ACL)
- Virtualization: VMware vSphere® 6, Microsoft Hyper-V® , Citrix®, OpenStack®
- Directory service: Windows® AD integration: Domain users login via Samba (CIFS) / AFP / FTP / File Station, LDAP integration
- Security: FTP over SSL / TLS, IP auto-block, firewall, encrypted network backup over Rsync, HTTPS connection
- Utilities: Synology Web Assistant, Cloud Station Drive, Cloud Station Backup, Cloud Sync Decryption Tool, Evidence Integrity Authenticator, Snapshot, Manager for VMware, Snapshot Manager for Windows, NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI
- Supported browsers: Chrome®, Firefox®, Internet Explorer® 9 onwards, Safari® 8 onwards; Safari (iOS 7 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 4.0 onwards) on tablets
More Information here - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/FS3017