+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
RackStation RS18016xs+ 12 Bay Network Attached Storage for BusinessScalable and converged NAS for demanding businesses
With superior performance and hardware specifications, RS18016xs+ provides a reliable, scalable, and easily managed network attached storage solution for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service and comprehensive business applications.
RS18016xs+ delivers superior performance at over 3,900 MB/s throughput and 348,000 IOPS under RAID 5 configuration1. RS18016xs+ is equipped with 8GB ECC RAM, expandable to 32GB if needed, so enterprises can guarantee data accuracy, as well as superior performance for the mission-critical tasks of the business.
SSD cache technology
RS18016xs+ supports a combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, RS18016xs+ offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget. With only a small upfront investment, businesses can benefit from significant enhancement in server performance.
Dual 10GbE NIC and SAS & SATA III 6Gb/s support
In addition to the default 4 Gigabit ports, RS18016xs+ includes two PCIe 3.0 x8 slots, allowing installation of two dual-port 10GbE network interface cards for maximized bandwidth, bringing you the superior performance that data-intensive applications demand of your storage system. With native SAS & SATA III 6Gb/s interface support, RS18016xs+ ensures the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
Reliable redundancy mechanisms
RS18016xs+ comes with comprehensive redundancy mechanisms to ensure business continuity. Four built-in LAN ports with failover provides the reliable redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure. The high reliability system design including passive cooling technologies prevents single point of failure. Other features such as redundant data paths, power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support maximize service uptime.
Scales up to more than 1PB of capacity
By supporting up to 14 Synology RX1216sas, RS18016xs+ provides the ability to seamlessly expand up to 180 drives and expand a single volume up to 200TB2 on the fly. RS18016xs+ can run with SATA, SAS, or SSD drives for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes.
Hardware encryption engine for enhanced file transfer speeds
RS18016xs+ is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads encryption calculation tasks away from the main CPU. Thus, the CPU can be free for other important tasks. In addition, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 3,034 MB/s in reading
5 year warranty
Synology RS18016xs+ is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty. With technical support and hardware replacement service, the five-year warranty maximizes your enterprises' return on investment. For the entire duration, you will enjoy technical support via e-mail and telephone.
Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
The Synology Replacement Service (SRS)* provides free shipment of replacement units as early as the next business day. SRS can expedite the process of replacing defective products and minimize service downtime.
- CPU Model: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Quad Core 3.3 GHz
- System Memory: 8 GB DDR3 ECC
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 4 GB X 2
- Total Memory Slots: 4
- Memory Expandable up to: 32 GB (8 GB X 4)
- Drive Bay(s): 12
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 180
- Compatible Drive Type: 3.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 96 TB (8 TB HDD X 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- External Ports: USB 2.0 Port: 2, USB 3.0 Port: 2, Expansion Port: 2
- Internal Drives: Btrfs, EXT4
- External Drives: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 88 mm X 430 mm X 692 mm
- Weight: 14.5 kg
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- Wake on: LAN/WAN
- PCIe Slot for Network Card: 2 (at x8 mode)
- System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs
- Noise Level: 45.1 dB(A)
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- Power Consumption: 106.54 W (Access), 71.78 W (HDD Hibernation)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
More Information here - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/RS18016xs+