Product information: RackStation RS3617RPxs 12 Bay Network Attached Storage for BusinessReliable storage solution providing uninterrupted services for large-scale businesses
Designed for businesses seeking large data storage capacity, RS3617RPxs is a high-performance, 12-bay rackmount NAS equipped with redundant power supplies, ensuring business continuity. Organizations can integrate seamlessly with virtualization solutions including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack Cinder.
High-performance NAS server
RS3617RPxs delivers stunning performance with over 3,829 MB/s sequential throughput and 433,873 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration1 with 10GbE Link Aggregation. Equipped with 8GB DDR4 ECC RAM (upgradeable to 64GB), RS3617RPxs ensures data accuracy when handling high-value data and mission-critical tasks across large-scale businesses.
Scale on demand
As your data storage needs grow, RS3617RPxs can be connected to one or two dedicated RX1217/RX1217RP expansion units2, allowing you to expand storage capacity up to 36 drives3 without disrupting service. The high-bandwidth cable ensures speedy data transmission between the main server and expansion unit.
10GbE network capability
In addition to the four built-in Gigabit ports, RS3617RPxs comes with two PCIe 3.0 x8 slots that allows for the installation of two 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), maximizing bandwidth and meeting high performance requirements for data-intensive applications.
Reliable redundancy mechanisms
RS3617RPxs comes with comprehensive redundancy mechanisms to ensure business continuity. Built-in four LAN ports with failover provides reliable redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure. The high reliability system design, including fanless CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technologies, prevents a single point of failure. Other features such as redundant power supplies, system fans, and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
Enhanced encryption performance
RS3617RPxs is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads encryption calculation tasks from the main CPU, thus allowing it to perform other important tasks. In addition, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 2,916MB/s in reading.
SSD cache technology
RS3617RPxs enables the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, RS3617RPxs offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget. With only a small upfront investment, businesses can benefit from significant server performance enhancement.
5 year warranty
Synology RS3617RPxs is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty. With technical support and hardware replacement service, the 5-year warranty maximizes your enterprises' return on investment. For the entire duration, you will enjoy technical support via email and telephone.
Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
The Synology Replacement Service (SRS)* provides free shipment of replacement units as early as the next business day. SRS can expedite the process of replacing defective products and minimize service downtime.
- CPU Model: Intel Xeon D-1521
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Quad Core 2.4 (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz
- System Memory: 8 GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 8 GB x 1
- Total Memory Slots: 4
- Memory Expandable up to: 64 GB (16 GB X 4)
- Drive Bay(s): 12
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 36
- Compatible Drive Type: 3.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 120 TB (10 TB HDD x 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units: 360 TB (10 TB HDD x 36) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 200 TB (32GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only) 108 TB
- USB 3.0 Port: 2
- Expansion Port: 2
- Internal Drives: Btrfs, EXT4
- External Drives: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT*
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 88 mm x 430.5 mm x 692 mm
- Weight: 14.5 kg
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- Wake on: LAN/WAN
- PCIe Slot for Network Card: 2 x Gen3 x8 slots (x8 link)
- System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs
- Noise Level: 50.2 dB(A)
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- Power Consumption: 116.42 W (Access) 65.49 W (HDD Hibernation)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
More Information here - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/RS3617RPxs#overview