Product information: RackStation RS3617xs+ 12 Bay Network Attached Storage for BusinessBuilt to support data-intensive applications and demanding workloads
Transform your business with RS3617xs+, a premium network attached storage solution that offers superior data processing performance, simplified data management, optimized virtualization environments, and expandable storage capacity.
A new standard in performance
Powered by a 6-core processor, RS3617xs+ delivers blazing performance with over 4,937 MB/s sequential throughput and 556,727 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration1 with 10GbE Link Aggregation. Equipped with 8GB DDR4 ECC RAM (upgradeable to 64GB), RS3617xs+ ensures data accuracy when handling high-value data and mission-critical tasks across large-scale businesses.
10GbE network capability
RS3617xs+ comes with two 10GBase-T and four Gigabit ports, and additionally allows for the installation of up to two 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), maximizing bandwidth and meeting high performance requirements for data-intensive applications.
Scale on demand
As your data storage needs grow, RS3617xs+ can be connected to one or two dedicated RX1217/RX1217RP2 expansion units, allowing you to expand storage capacity up to 36 drives3 without disrupting service. The high-bandwidth cable ensures speedy data transmission between the main server and expansion unit.
Reliable redundancy mechanisms
RS3617xs+ comes with comprehensive redundancy mechanisms to ensure business continuity. Built-in LAN ports with failover provides reliable redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure. The high reliability system design including fanless CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technologies prevents single point of failure.
Enhanced encryption performance
RS3617xs+ is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads encryption calculation tasks from the main CPU, thus allowing it to perform other important tasks. In addition, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 3,665 MB/s in reading.
SSD cache technology
RS3617xs+ enables the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, RS3617xs+ offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget. With only a small upfront investment, businesses can benefit from significant server performance enhancement.
5 year warranty
Synology RS3617xs+ is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty. With technical support and hardware replacement service, the 5-year warranty maximizes your enterprises' return on investment. For the entire duration, you will enjoy technical support via email and telephone.
Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
The Synology Replacement Service (SRS)* provides free shipment of replacement units as early as the next business day. SRS can expedite the process of replacing defective products and minimize service downtime.
- CPU Model: Intel Xeon D-1531
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Six Core 2.2ghz (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz
- System Memory: 8 GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 8 GB x 1
- Total Memory Slots: 4
- Memory Expandable up to: 64 GB (16 GB X 4)
- Drive Bay(s): 12
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 36
- Compatible Drive Type: 3.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 120 TB (10 TB HDD x 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units: 360 TB (10 TB HDD x 36) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 200 TB (32GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only) 108 TB
- External Ports: USB 3.0 Port: 2, Expansion Port: 2
- Internal Drives: Btrfs, EXT4
- External Drives: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT*
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 88 mm x 430.5 mm x 692 mm
- Weight: 14.5 kg
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- Wake on: LAN/WAN
- RJ-45 10GbE LAN Port: 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- PCIe Slot for Network Card: 2 x Gen3 x8 slots (x8 link)
- System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs
- Noise Level: 50.2 dB(A)
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- Power Consumption: 133.9 W (Access) , 69.18 W (HDD Hibernation)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
More Information here - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/RS3617xs+