+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
RackStation RS3617xs 12 Bay Network Attached Storage for BusinessReliable, centralized storage solution built for demanding work environments
Designed for large-scale businesses, RS3617xs provides high-performance throughput with comprehensive business applications. RS3617xs allows you to centralize storage, simplify data management, and deploy virtualization solutions with minimal time required for setup and maintenance.
High-performance NAS server
RS3617xs delivers high performance at over 3,263 MB/s sequential throughput and 333,941 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration1 with 10GbE Link Aggregation. Equipped with 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM (upgradeable to 32GB), RS3617xs ensures data accuracy when handling high-value data and mission-critical tasks across large-scale businesses.
Scale on demand
As your data storage needs grow, RS3617xs can be connected to a dedicated RX1217/RX1217RP2 expansion unit, allowing you to expand storage capacity up to 36 drives3 without disrupting service. The high-bandwidth expansion cable ensures speedy data transmission between the main server and expansion unit.
10GbE network capability
In addition to the default four Gigabit ports, RS3617xs comes with dual PCIe 3.0 x8 slots that supports up to two 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), maximizing bandwidth and meeting high performance requirements for data-intensive applications.
Reliable redundancy mechanisms
RS3617xs comes with comprehensive redundancy mechanisms to ensure business continuity. Built-in four LAN ports with failover provides the reliable redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure. The high reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technologies prevents single point of failure.
Hardware encryption engine enhances file transfer speeds
RS3617xs is equipped with an encryption engine which offloads encryption calculation tasks away from the main CPU. Thus, the CPU can be free for other important tasks. In addition, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 2,612MB/s in reading.
SSD cache technology
RS3617xs enables the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, RS3617xs offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget. With only a small upfront investment, businesses can benefit from significant server performance enhancement.
5 year warranty
Synology RS3617xs is backed with Synology's 5-year limited warranty. With technical support and hardware replacement service, the five-year warranty maximizes your enterprises' return on investment. For the entire duration, you will enjoy technical support via e-mail and telephone.
Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
The Synology Replacement Service (SRS)* provides free shipment of replacement units as early as the next business day. SRS can expedite the process of replacing defective products and minimize service downtime.
- CPU Model: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU Frequency: Quad Core 3.3 GHz
- System Memory: 4 GB DDR3 ECC
- Memory Module Pre-installed: 2 GB x 2
- Total Memory Slots: 4
- Memory Expandable up to: 32 GB (8 GB x 4)
- Drive Bay(s): 12
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 36
- Compatible Drive Type: 3.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 96 TB (8 TB HDD x 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units: 288 TB (8 TB HDD x 36) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 200 TB (32GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only) 108 TB
- USB 2.0 Port: 2
- USB 3.0 Port: 2
- Expansion Port: 2
- Internal Drives: Btrfs, EXT4
- External Drives: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT*
- Size (Height x Width x Depth): 88 mm x 445 mm x 570 mm
- Weight: 13.3 kg
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- Wake on: LAN/WAN
- PCIe Slot for Network Card: 1 x Gen3 x8 slot (white, x8 link), 1 x Gen3 x8 slot (black, x4 link)
- System Fan: 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs
- Noise Level: 40.5 dB(A)
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- Power Consumption: 116.7 W (Access) 60.3 W (HDD Hibernation)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
More Information here - https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/RS3617xs