+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
RackStation RS816 Rack (1U) 4 Bay NAS Unit
Synology RackStation RS816 is a 4-bay rackmount NAS powered by a dual-core CPU with hardware encryption engine, and comes with dual 1GbE LAN ports, providing excellent network performance and rich business features.
RS816 comes in a compact 1U 4-bay rackmount chassis less than 12 inches deep and can be easily deployed in a 2-post or wall-mount rack, ideal for businesses where space is at a premium.
As your data storage needs grow, RS816 can be connected with one dedicated RX415 expansion unit for additional storage on the fly, increasing capacity with minimal effort. With RX415 connected, it can expand the hard drive quantity up to 8 units.
File Station is a web-based, fast and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operation without requiring any complex setup on Mac or PC. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and sharing of files with just a link. Supports SMB, FTP, AFP, NFS, WebDAV, compatible with any environment.
Cloud Station Suite provides real-time data synchronization across all your devices and other Synology NAS. "Intelliversioning" keeps the most important file versions to better utilize storage space.
Specification:- CPU Model: Marvell Armada 385 88F6820
- CPU Architecture: 32-bit
- CPU Frequency: Dual Core 1.8 GHz
- System Memory: 1 GB DDR3
- Drive Bays: 4
- Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 8
Compatible Drive Type:
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA SSD
- Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 48 TB (12 TB drive x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units: 96 TB (48 TB + 12 TB drive x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
- Maximum Single Volume Size: 16 TB
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- USB 3.0 Port: 2
- eSATA Port: 1
- Size (Height x Width x Depth):44 mm x 430.5 mm x 295.5 mm
- Weight: 4.34 kg
Supported RAID Type:
- Synology Hybrid RAID
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 6
- RAID 10