Product information: 4TB 3.5" My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached StorageUpdated for high-performance
Upgraded with the powerful Marvell® ARMADA™ 385 1.3GHz dual-core processor, you’ll get ultra-fast transfer rates for high performance and lag-free streaming. You’ll also be treated to 1GB of DDR3 memory, allowing you to multitask with ease.
Centralized storage for anywhere access
Keep your photos, videos, music and documents safe in a single place, and with MyCloud.com or the My Cloud app, you can access or share from anywhere.
Sync your content across all your computers
With WD Sync, you can automatically synchronize your media and files across your computers and your My Cloud device, so you can be confident your content is always up to date and accessible with all your devices.
Simplified file and folder sharing
Easily create a single place to store and share all your photos, videos and music with friends and family. Whether you’re on a shoot, or editing at home, you can save your creations at full fidelity and share with your entire network without missing a beat.
Enhanced data protection
With WD SmartWare™ Pro, PC users can customize when and where their content is saved, while Mac users have full access to Apple Time Machine for personalized backup. You can even automatically back up your data to a separate My Cloud NAS device, or any supported cloud service like Amazon S3, ElephantDrive or Acronis. Combined with 256 AES volume encryption, you can securely store files across your entire network, regardless of OS
Multiple RAID options
My Cloud EX2 Ultra features a variety of RAID settings, so you can customize your system with the configuration that's best for you. Options include RAID 0 for enhanced performance, RAID 1 for mirrored data protection, as well as JBOD and spanning support for non-RAID configurations.
Smooth media streaming
With the 1.3GHz dual-core processor, you’ll have ultra-fast transfer rates for lag-free streaming. Combined with the Plex Media Server, your HD content will be organized and prepared for streaming to your PC, mobile device, game console, or other certified media player.
Simple to install, easy to manage
With a tray-less bay design, installation is effortless and tool free. Once installed, the My Cloud EX2 Ultra features an intuitive dashboard, so you can create user accounts, customize features, and monitor storage with ease. And with MyCloud.com remote access, or the My Cloud mobile app, you can access your media and manage users from any device.
Keep an eye on your home, wherever you're at
Equipped with award-winning Milestone ARCUS Surveillance software, delivering a powerful surveillance system for your home. Compatible with thousands of industry-leading cameras, support for up to 12 connected cameras and two (2) free camera licenses included, making this NAS the perfect surveillance solution to keep watch on what matters to you most.
Third-party app support
My Cloud EX2 Ultra supports a full suite of popular applications for a personalized experience. Use apps like Plex, Milestone Arcus Surveillance, Dropbox, WordPress, and more to customize your NAS to meet your specific needs.
Featuring ultra-reliable WD Red™ NAS drives
My Cloud EX2 Ultra comes pre-configured with WD Red hard drives, specifically built for NAS systems to provide improved performance within 24x7 environments. The My Cloud EX2 Ultra is also available in a diskless version to create a custom NAS with compatible hard drives.
Powered by My Cloud OS 3
WD's My Cloud OS 3 comes with a variety of tools and apps, so you'll have complete control of the media that matters most. Create a custom folder to share your favorite content with family and friends. Automatically synchronize your data between all your computers and make sure your content is always up to date. Easily transfer content between your NAS and a supported cloud service like Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive.
- Dual USB 3.0 expansion ports
- Energy-saving options
- Integrated FTP and WebDAV server
- Integrated SSH Secure Shell
- IPv4 and IPv6
- iSCSI target and initiator
- Jumbo frame support
- Microsoft Active Directory support
- Real-time resource monitor
- UPS support (USB and network)
- High-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core processor for lag-free streaming
- 1GB of DDR3 memory to multitask with ease
- Centralized network storage and access from anywhere
- Automatic file synching across all your computers
- Simplified file and folder sharing
- Personalized backup
- Twice the data protection with RAID 1
- Simple installation and system management
- Equipped with WD Red NAS drives (available in pre-configured models only)
- Third-party app support
- Powered by My Cloud OS 3
- Gigabit Ethernet: x 1
- Power supply (DC in) x 1
- USB 3.0 expansion port x 2 rear
- CPU:Marvell® ARMADA® 385 1.3 GHz dual-core
- Memory:1 GB DDR3
- Drive Bays: 2 x 3.5 inch hard drive bays, hot swap capable, tray-less design
- Internal hard drives: WD Red NAS hard drives
- Expansion Ports: 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 operating system
- Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion operating systems
- DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming
- Router with Internet connection
- DHCP Client or Static IP
- NTP Client
- Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
- Apple Bonjour and Windows Rally
- Jumbo frame support up to 9K
- VLAN (802.1Q)
- Link Aggregation and failover for 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- UPnP port forwarding
- LLTD Link Layer Topology Discovery Protocol
- RAID: JBOD, spanning, 0/1
- RAID migration
- JBOD to RAID 1
- Hot swapping
- Disk roaming
- Array roaming
- Volume Encryption (256 bit AES)
- EXT4 for internal HDD
- Support following formats for externally attached USB drives
- NTFS (read and write capability)
- HFS+J (case sensitive)
- Linux EXT2, EXT3, EXT4
- Support for mounting ISO-Image