+44 (0)1782 44 44 55
6TB (2 x 3TB) Sentinel DX4000 4-Bay Windows Server - Populated NASWD Sentinel DX4000: Small Office Storage Server - Connect. Protect. Collaborate.
Whether you're an IT expert or not, WD Sentinel is easy to install and provides secure centralized storage, complete data protection, and remote file access for your employees and trusted vendors while in the office or from anywhere
The easy set up process allows you to integrate WD Sentinel into your office network like a pro. The administration dashboard quickly guides you through the process including adding users, setting up user access, creating public or private shares, and scheduling backups.
Replacing one of the pre-installed drives is as easy as changing a lightbulb. Just open the door and swap out the drives. WD Sentinel does the rest. It seamlesslymigrates the server to the appropriate RAID level and automatically expands the server's storage capacity. Your users can still access theirbusiness data while the drive is being integrated. No data loss. No down time.
Comprehensive data protection for your entire office has never been easier.
- The drives inside: Pre-configured with WD's enterprise-class drives for durability and reliability.
- RAID: Featuring levels 1/5 for data protection and speed.
- Automatic backup and restore: The software saves time and space by performing a full backup the first time and then automatically backing up only the files that have changed since the previous backup. In the event of a drive failure, WD Sentinel's easy restore function finds your files, restores them to their previous location and gets you up and running again quickly.
- Dual Ethernet ports: Comes configured in Adaptive Fault Tolerance, which keeps your network available by automatically switching to the second Ethernet port if the first one should fail.
- Optional dual power supply: WD Sentinel DX4000 offers the small business owner the option of adding a second power supply that will take over should a power surge or other failure damage the first power supply. With the optional second power supply you have the added peace of mind knowing that your system will remain operational.
- Optional off-site disaster recovery protection:Choose the disaster recovery solution that works for your small business - local USB drive or backup to a cloud.
Secure remote access
WD Sentinel is perfect for businesses with employees working in satellite or home offices because you have the security of knowing all your business files are safely stored in one place and remote employees can access them from any computer with an Internet connection. WD Sentinel also performs automatic daily backups so all of the files on all the computers in your network are backed up and protected.
With dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, WD Sentinel DX4000 delivers read speeds up to 85MB/s through the Gigabit Ethernet interface. That's threetimes faster than most network drives in this category today. For maximum flexibility there are also two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to allow you to connect additional storage devices and experience up to 5Gb/s transfer rates.
A total solution with industry-leading technology partners
We combined hardware and software from industry leaders to deliver a reliable, secure and easy-to-manage storage server designed specifically for small office environments. WD Sentinel features:
- WD enterprise-class hard drives - Equipped with WD's Enterprise Class RAID Edition drives (2TB and 3TB) that feature high capacity storage, peak performance and enterprise-class reliability.
- Intel® Atom® processor - Built with the latest Intel Atom dual core processor inside, WD Sentinel DX4000 can easily handle your small business's day-to-day computing and file storage demands.
- Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials - The tested Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system provides the cost effective, reliable, and scalable storage solution your small business needs to quickly and efficiently organize, protect, and share your critical business data using the familiar Windows user experience.
LCD Display panel readily offers critical information
The LCD display panel on the front of the device allows you to monitor the system status and critical alerts. Realtime system status through the administration dashboard View realtime updates for drive, RAID, and network status through WD Sentinel's dashboard, which includes easy-to-use task wizards to help you set backup schedules, administer user accounts, and manage public and private shares.
Compatible with multiple operating systems
Offers connector software support for Windows XP, Windows Vista®, and Windows 7. Also compatible with Mac OS® X Leopard® or Mac OS® Snow Leopard®. This cross-platform compatibility enables file sharing among Windows, Mac and Unix/Linux operating systems.
Stream digital media anywhere in your network
With the built-in DLNA media server your employees can access any shared media libraries on the network rather than maintaining copies on their individual computers. You can also stream digital content like videos, music, or digital signage for employees, vendors or clients using remote web access.
WD Guardianstandard support
Western Digital offers standard customer support and warranty to all WD Sentinel owners. WD Guardian Services provide additional support and warranty options for small business customers. Choose from various technical support plans and extended warranty services that work best for your business. Visit www.WDGuardian.com for details.
Western Digital has been making hard drives for over 40 years. We know how to build drives to store and protect your data because we understand that your company's data is paramount to your business success.
- Product Description: WD Sentinel DX4000 NAS server
- Device Type: NAS server
- Host Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet
- Processor: 1 x Intel Atom ( Dual-Core )
- Storage Controller: RAID - RAID 1, 5
- Hard Drive: Hot-swap
- Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Environmental Standards: ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Device Type: NAS server
- Host Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet
- Built-in Devices: Status LCD
Processor / Memory
- Processors Installed: 1 x Intel Atom
- Number of Cores:Dual-Core
- RAM Installed: 2 GB
- Type: RAID
- RAID Level: RAID 1, RAID 5
- Type: Hot-swap
- Type: Network adapter
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol: HTTP, HTTPS
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: Yes
- Power Device: Power adapter
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Min Operating Temperature: 5 °C
- Max Operating Temperature: 35 °C